My 2 killer matches so far lol

So I had to play a couple killer matches to see how the new patch played out.

1st match as trapper. 3k on haddonfield. Build:

Merciless storm, STBFL, Brutal, Pain res

Addons: Blody coils, Green setting tools.

Offering: Flan

Didn't tunnel or camp anyone. Didn't even trap any hooks. I managed to close the hatch and trapped both exit gates but the last survivor escaped because I went to patrol one of the gates and they somehow managed to find a key in a chest and got the hatch anyway. Although, they were on PC so could have just as easily been a hacker.

2nd Match as Pinhead: 3k on Red Forest, Mothers Dwelling. Build:

Pain res, merciless storm, Thrilling tremors, ruin

Addons: Green torture pillar, brown melted candle

Offering: More Flan

My pindaddy is pretty high mmr, I usually get pretty sweaty lobbies against really good survivors. Two of the survivors were exceptionally good in chase and at dodging my summons so I just ignored them unless chasing them off gens and instead focused on the two who were weaker in chase. I felt pretty decent pressure from the 2 good survivors and had to tunnel this poor AOT Meg after it got down to 2 gens left and ruin was gone. She was on death hook at that point and it felt bad but I know most killer players give zero !!!!! about tunneling anyway. They got the gates powered and the last survivor got the gates opened and escaped. I probably could have 4kd if I slugged the last survivor for the 4k but I already felt sweaty enough tunneling that poor meg.

I was expecting my pinhead match to be way more of a stompfest but I'm pretty sure he's my killer with the highest mmr so I guess it just shows that the new patch took the fangs out of the really sweaty survivors and straight up gutted mid-tier and baby survivors.

Both matches were against pretty decent survivors. I only had merciless storm proc once so the skillchecks didn't slow them down in either match in the least. I'm also pretty sure on the second match they saved the gen on the second floor of the main building for last, knowing it would be a strong gen to defend at the end, which is pretty skilled tactics imo. Ruin didnt last that long, I think it was gone before the second gen popped.

I had a claudette and a feng trying to use dead hard in the first match and it was so sad. I literally just had to wait until they were in the animation and then swing and the endurance was gone by the time the hit connected. They managed to get it to work twice though, but it was on a super safe pallet loop and all it did was delay the inevitable by like 3-4 seconds and gave me more STBFL stacks.

My killer queue times were 5 minutes today and my survivor queues were near instant.

I'm going to play as my other mains and see how it plays out but I have a strong feeling it's going to be ez 3ks from here on out.

TLDR

I'd imagine for better killers and for less scrupulous killers who don't abide more by the survivor rulebook this patch just made it like shooting fish in a barrel.

Comments