How to have fun in DBD
First time poster long time forum surfer and I see a lot of negativity surrounding so many aspects of the game, and I used to agree with a lot of them until I changed 1 thing....
Stop playing to win. Play to have fun
I haven't run an exhaustion perk except head on since the announced nerf of Dead Hard (what was that, like a month ago?) I've just been running builds to have fun without being toxic. I've always sweated for the win until recently, and dya know what, since I've stopped caring, I've never had more fun or more escapes!
Sure there are games where I get camped and tunneled out, but when you are running meme builds or trying new things, just take the L and move on. After ~ 5 or 6 matches, you learn to play the build to its strengths and enjoy it. I still do gens, go for rescues, cleanse hex's etc. but am more focused on pulling off hilarious plays, you'll enjoy it, I promise! Plus with MMR, if you get rolled over and over, you get killers who sweat less, camp less, tunnel less and generally BM less and its honestly refreshing
Before I get the statements which I know are coming, this is not tanking MMR to stomp easy killers, its playing the game a different way with a different mindset and different goals.
At the moment I'm mainly running Head on, Deception, Dance with me + Quick and quiet with a basic brown medkit. Its adding an easy 30-45s onto my chases from my old 'E' and vault speed build and has forced me to learn to plan ahead, loop and mind game so much better. My gaming sessions now end with loads of funny clips and big smiles instead of frustration and a bitter taste
If anyone else is on this kind of vibe, I'm all for hearing your fun build combos to try out!
Comments
You would think it is common sense to play a party game for fun, but most people purposely ignore that this is more or less the goal.
I've just been running builds to have fun without being toxic
Wrong!
Everything in this game is considered toxic.
Just play killer lol. Something something DH is bad.
I tend to do this more as killer then survivor but I otherwise agree. I'll try interesting builds I see on YouTube, try builds I come up with like my Stupid Freddy Build of Distressing, Infectious Fright, and Dark Devotion.
I've only played a few killers games and mostly played around with perks. Only really lost one and probably could've won it if I'd played now aggressively, but even that was fun as I was playing a Stealth Billy build.
One of my favourites on killer atm is Nurses, Sloppy, Deathbound and Starstruck. There's only a 4 meter window map-wide where its safe to heal, and if they healed in that 4m window whilst you picked up a survivor, they're now exposed
blast mine + flashbang
lucky break & bite the bullet (will need medkit or self-care for this build) but when you get hit just break LoS and heal and watch killer just walk right past you lol
my favorite combo was spine chill & res for the 15% vault speed but it got butchered ://
also all boon build??
lucky break + bite the bullet sounds like a great one, haven't tried that yet
I agree, no matter which role, people playing the game to have fun and it's should be the first and foremost reason to run any game.
But you know... It's all started from 1 jerk, who was making fun of a player who tried to have fun, and it's become competitive...
Talking about fun builds, here's one that worked quite well for the Demogorgon (and it's very fun and satisfying to use).
I run Cauldrophobia, Dark Devotion, Grim Embrace and Rancor. Dark Devotion gives you two choices after hitting your obsession: a) continue the chase and down them (boring) or b) leave your obsession and sneak up on a generator that's currently worked on (fun). Grim Embrace feels really satisfying when it's activating and helps with having more fun with Dark Devotion. Cauldrophobia helps with leaving your obsession and makes it less punishing since they won't be able to heal that quick. Rancor overall is a great information perk and a free mori at the end is always nice to have.