Spine Chill counters Stealth Killers harder now

From my understanding, Spine Chill was changed BECAUSE it made a stealthy approach impossible. Or at least, really awkward if you figure out this perk is in action.

However, Spine Chill has been used as a sort of band aid fix for the hard at hearing. The perk will light up and fill (drains atm, but that's a bug) as the killer's TR becomes more intense. This is fine

HOWEVER, I think there was an unintended side effect of this. When an Undetectable killer is within 36m, they don't have a TR to get more intense. Obsensibly because of the bug, the perk is completely filled and just lights up whenever a killer is within 36m period.

I honestly refuse to believe this is intended, as the very reason Spine chill was changed was that it was countering stealth killers. But feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Overdue edit: Nope. Not a bug. 36m, it'll light up. So... Stealth Killers have no power.

Comments

  • @Gorgonia said:

    never seen a killer trying to crabwalk just in case someone has spine chill xD

    I walked sideways on all killers while approaching just to make sure they didn't get a solid read with SC from a distance. Once I had estimated they could hear my TR, I'd turn back towards them and look for anyone running away. You'd be amazed how often this worked.

    Likewise, if I ran towards someone from across the map (due to BBQ, they blew a gen, or just knowing they were there), I'd sometimes see them leave well before my TR hit them because SC let them know I was on the way.

    I ran SC for that exact reason. It let me know well before hearing the TR that the Killer was coming towards me, and I could react too early for them to do anything about it.

1 2 ›