Do levels carry over through the prestige update?

As per the title. So I have a level 50 P0 killer with 130ish perk tiers. As I understand it, he'll be P2 from the perk tiers, but will he still be level 50 or will he reset to 1? If it's the former then there isn't much point in prestiging him now if I just need to work through a single blood web + 20kbp to get him to P3.

Comments

  • Iirc kinda.

    I read something on here like a character on P0 level 50 with a certain number of tier 3 perks would end up P2 level 1.

    So they turn each perk and their tiers into a certain amount of progress and calculate with that the according prestige and set the character to level 1.

    But i don't know if this is still the case or was ever correct.

  • @burt0r said:

    Iirc kinda.

    I read something on here like a character on P0 level 50 with a certain number of tier 3 perks would end up P2 level 1.

    So they turn each perk and their tiers into a certain amount of progress and calculate with that the according prestige and set the character to level 1.

    But i don't know if this is still the case or was ever correct.

    That's not how it works. Read my post here if you want a clear overview: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3067409#Comment_3067409