catchup mechanic questions

just curious how this works I have almost 2 pages of purple perks on most of my killers and want to know if its worth it to prestige them or not and if I don't prestige them how many prestige's will i get?

Comments

  • If you have exactly 2 pages of purple perks this would be 90 perk levels this would grant you 1 "free" prestige levels


    If you have 2 full pages but many loose perks here and there like a couple of pages it may be 2 levels


    • 1 level for 70-119 Perks
    • 2 levels for 120-169 Perks
    • 3 levels for 170-219 Perks
    • 4 levels for 220-269 Perks
    • 5 levels for 270-319 Perks
    • 6 levels for 320+ Perks


  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/84ZEFEOHRWKL/image.png

    So if you have exactly 30 very rare perks, you would only get 1 prestige bonus level. Because each page is 15 perks right? and a very rare perk is 3 perk tiers, so 30 x 3 = 90

    They announced that for each prestige level you have, you get 2 bonus prestiges. So if you are prestige 1, you will become prestige 3 when the update comes out.

    In your case i'd recommend prestiging those killers but keep in mind you do lose all of your offerings add-ons by doing so.

    i grinded the event for flan is it still worth it i have around 40 on each killer

  • @evancalgary said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3064370#Comment_3064370

    i grinded the event for flan is it still worth it i have around 40 on each killer

    If your plan is to get all perks then yes. Because otherwise you'll have to prestige each of those characters at least 2 more times, which will cost more than the bonus from the flans are worth. Especially since bbq won't grant bonus BP any longer.

    You can always farm for addons later. I'd rather all perks over saving addons and offerings

  • @Advorsus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3064378#Comment_3064378

    If your plan is to get all perks then yes. Because otherwise you'll have to prestige each of those characters at least 2 more times, which will cost more than the bonus from the flans are worth. Especially since bbq won't grant bonus BP any longer.

    You can always farm for addons later. I'd rather all perks over saving addons and offerings

    that's what I'm thinking but idk I just don't want to make the wrong choice do you know when the patch comes out?

  • @evancalgary said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3064401#Comment_3064401

    that's what I'm thinking but idk I just don't want to make the wrong choice do you know when the patch comes out?

    feels like a waist to grind the event just to prestige at least i got the event outfits tho

  • @evancalgary said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3064401#Comment_3064401

    that's what I'm thinking but idk I just don't want to make the wrong choice do you know when the patch comes out?

    Need to add: it could be not that bad. If you have 90 points, you get 1 extra prestige level. Your killers should be lvl50, right? Then after update your killers will be p1lvl50. Ready to prestige. So you prestige (without loosing anything) -> p2lvl1. And you have to go through 50 lvls of bloodweb only one time to get one more prestige. P2lvl0 -> P2lvl50 -> p3lvl0. All their perks are tier3 at this point.

    If you ask me, I'd say 40 flans is better than 1.6mill bp for one prestige. I'd prefer flans, honestly.

  • 120 perk tiers is instant P2, and as you'll still be level 50 you'll be able to prestige to P3 immediately after the update.

    120 perk tiers isn't much more than '2 pages of purple perks' so it may be worth grinding out a few more perk tiers to get to 120.