New Portraits and catch-up mechanic

BHVR I appreciate that you tried to listen to user feedback but I believe you missed the point of complaint.

As much as I appreciate that the new portrait is no longer a golden shower and is much more watchable, it still isn't enough reward for the single fact that it can't be shown to anyone.

"A public symbol of achievement, a personal memento of effort, an emotional trigger for reliving highs and lows of the work and the satisfaction of intrinsic and extrinsic reward"

this is the definition of "Trophy" or "reward", the keywords are "public symbol".

Also it must be said that on PC this "Trophy" has even less value for the possibility of the players to change the portraits and the perks of the characters at will. Please reconsider to change this to something visible during the match or after the match in the score screen.

Now let's talk about the catch-up mechanic. I go straight to the point. it is not a good idea, not only those who have prestiged their characters before until 3 will not have any kind of recognition but now those who had also farmed all the perks will not be adequately rewarded as the prestige in the catch up mechanic will be limited to 9. I got it right?

in practice someone who has prestiged all the characters at P3-L1 will be at the same level as who has the characters P3-L50? this seems to me to be really incorrect and inappropriate.

"In the PTB, we awarded one bonus prestige level for each prestige your characters had prior to the PTB. For the full Mid-Chapter release, we have increased this to 2 bonus prestige levels. This means if your character was prestige 3 before the update, they are guaranteed to be prestige 9 after the update, granting all the new rewards immediately. The catch-up mechanic will be limited to prestige 9, however, even if the calculated bonus would exceed this."

(from https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/341?__cf_chl_tk=crkXxh0OeQYl61mNdSf1V0fEQvIwJBPQKm2HSllwito-1657645056-0-gaNycGzNCr0)

 and above all I don't understand, who would this catch-up mechanic be for then? would it be useful for part of the community while another part (the most loyal of course) is simply ignored and penalized? with the excuse that they were given the "distinct reward with bragging rights" which cannot be shown to anyone?

If I spent 10+ million bloodpoints on a character and got all the perks I want to be rewarded! I don't want to have the same prestige as someone who often has 4 million just to get to P3!


Please BHVR reconsider!

Comments