Try-hard mode for the last pip.
Most of the time when I play, be it killer or survivor, I don't really care about winning. Only about having fun or trying something stupid. I always give the hatch, I sacrifice my toon for a save, I use weak (or no) builds, I meme, that kind of stuff.
However if I happen to be at 1 pip from ranking, something about losing progression so close to a "save point" pushes me to go nuclear. Of course, right after I get to the next level, I go back to not caring.
I'm wondering who else has that kind of switch to try-hard-mode.
Comments
Same. After I go up a grade in the upper ranks I basically goof off with odd ball builds, killers I don't normally use, messing with the survivors, etc. Once I grab a pip or two, then i start buckling down and get serious again. Once I have that last pip to go, then I get cutthroat to knock it out in the next game or so. Then it's back to goofing off for a bit.