SoloQ statistics and SoloQ experience (LONG BORING POST)

Intro

I tried to get my last achievement (Legendary survivor) for almost 6 months, that month I made a huge last ditch effort to get it before survivors are buried in the ground by incoming patch.

One person on this forum suggested to gather statistic about every match to have some idea about what really happeing in SoloQ, without blatant cries "Waaaaaa! So many campers! Teammates are stupid! Bla bla bla!"

Input data

Couple things to mention about this run:

  • I went FULL TRYHARD SWEATY mode (for obvious reasons), super effecient, best build, sweaty af.
  • I recorded matches only after 21st, just in time when people simmered down and gathered their s together (first days of even were complete hell and disaster)
  • 156 matches were played since, starting from Gold 1 (pips are mesured on Iri scale)
  • I DON'T KNOW what MMR I'm on. Supposedly lower-mid area, but it's all a speculations. Teammates hours are varied from 300 to 3000 hours. Most frequent: 700-1200. Would be great if there was a way to peek.
  • I have 1300h playtime myself

Legend

  • Unexperienced killer - easy to avoid, unfamilliar with maps layout, no mindgames, easily baited, etc. One that just giving basic new player vibe. Can overlap with other categories
  • Unexperienced team - crouch in corner, scared, fallable to ambushes, easy to go down, etc.
  • Great team - super effecient, good at looping, supportive, team players, know who to save, etc.
  • Tunneler - focusing on one player only. Whenever tunneled is unhooked, killer forgets everything and goes for tunneled. Tunneled person usually sacrificed while 3 other survivors not even hooked once. Hooking a survivor, then go, down and hook another one and then return to the first IS NOT TUNNELING.
  • Hard tunneler - tunneler that ignoring absolutely everything except target, even bodyblocking survivor in doorframes, survivors healing or working on gens LITERALLY 2 meters away from killer
  • Camper - never goes out of Kindred range until hooked is sacrificed (although it is hard to tell if this player is unexperienced too)
  • Facecamper - standing still sniffing crotch of hooked survivor, can look left/right at best.
  • Normal killer - play skillfully, apply pressure, he's everytime everywhere, very dangerous. THE ONLY category that cannot overlap with others.
  • Toxic killer - frequent hookslaps, fervent nodding, bleedout, BM in chat, usually all of that
  • Toxic survivor - BM in chat, flashlight clicks, teabags


1. Most frequent killers

"Unfun" column is made up by me, calculated by depiping. As depiping shows that you "didn't play" the game for some reason (camped, tunneled, team destroyed, etc).

1-killers-unfun.png

Bubba is the leader, we can see why in the next section.

I was surprised that so many people pick huntress which is pretty high skill-required killer. And recently I could swear that Wraith would be in top 5, but life is full of surprises.

2. Campers top 5

2-campers.png

No surprises here except camping huntresses.

3. Tunnel top 5

3-tunnelers.png

All nemesis' are taking top places in all shame categories.


4. Miserables top

Here is just joke table, which killer either camp, tunnel and/or being toxic

4-miserables.png

Undeniable leader: the Leather Man himself. He is like honey that attracts most filthy flies.


5. KILLERS OVERALL ๐Ÿ‘น

Thats the persantage of killer types over all matches.

5-killers-overall.png

Campers are only 14% and 29% tunnelers (although last 4 categories can overlap)


6. KILLS ๐Ÿ”ช

6-kills.png

I think this is the most interesting info. With all unexperienced killers, killers more win than lose.

Also important observation: campers and tunelers get less kills than normal killers. But Normal killers getting more skilled, where miserable are not, although both go to high MMR. Guess which one will eat smelly things there? Rhetorical question.


7. My survivors

7-survs.png

Again, I don't understand what MMR I'm on, but toxicity was on minimum. Also not many Great Teams on my level, but at the same time, not many chicken-fresh survivors too.



8. My personal Tryhardness

8-tryhard.png

Wanted to point out that to finally get Rank 1 I had to really go over my head, learn tricks (like 360), remember all nook and cranny on any map, be all berserk mode, super effecient to nanosecond. Sweaty handtremoring battle.

But what with casual people then?


9. Bonus: most frequent maps in rotation

9-map-frequency.png

Raw data CSV file

data.csv.txt


Epilogue

This was the hardest challenge I've endured in anygame. And I just wanted to show on personal example: survivor is not that easy that it seems to be. And I believe many bad killers getting lost one time or not developing skills, start ranting about how game is survivor sided. It is when you out of your league. Skilled killers on par with skilled survivors (that we can see on tons of YT creators and their crazy challenges on both sides).

I don't want to raise 100th time blabbering about bad MMR implementation and how many players are not in their place etc, but I really think devs should stop render Killer players as a sacred cows. Maybe upcoming changes will allow casual killers to compete with skilled SWF, but I have premonition that it could kill casual survivors (like people I know that stopped go to public because "tired of humiliation" long time ago)

And most of all, I think people need to remember that they are playing a game, not destroying archnemesis no matter the cost.

P.S.

Congratulations are welcomed and accepted in comments. I finally did it! ๐ŸŽ‰

Screenshot 2022-07-07 010732.png


Comments

  • I agree

    @PaintedDeath said:

    I believe that DBD is in the best place it's ever been, and it's because they've made these core changes to the game to facilitate this state of play.

    So a trial has 3 different phases, the first phase is the beginning when the 4 survivors are alive. I think to many people understand this game to be a 4v1, but it is not. It is 4 1v1s. During this time the survivors goals are to escape the trial, and the way to do this is to complete 5 gens, open the gates and escape. The killers job is to stop this, and kill the survivors.

    Here's the deal, it is in the survivors best interest to work together and complete the goal of opening the gates and escape because your chances of escaping that way are drastically better than any other way. You want to be in the trial for the shortest time possible, because the killer is essentially trying to wear you all down. However, avoiding that "wearing away" is preferable to taking it in 100% of cases, so if you gotta abandon the gens to avoid the killer, then do that. Just don't get caught, finish the gens, and get out.

    Once a survivor is downed, the goal and strategy remains the same but becomes significantly harder, so hopefully you managed some progress while the 4th was still in the match.

    However, once it's down to 2 1v1s, the second phase starts. At this point in time, the survivors goals remain the same, escape the trial. However, your method of achieving this changes. If there is a single Gen left, and its nearly complete, finishing it or another to open the gates remains a viable strategy. However, avoiding the killer and letting him find the other survivor and kill them becomes a legitimate strategy. Once it's down to the final 1v1, the third phase begins.

    The final showdown. Who finds the hatch? I highly recommend trying to position yourself in an position to cover as much ground as possible to discover the hatch before the killer. However, another possibility also exists. If you are near a switch, you can stay near and once the killer finds and closes the hatch, you can attempt to immediately begin opening the gate. If the survivor can pull this off, they manage to survive, the killer has 3 kills and all is well. A trial well played.

    It's because of this I believe DBD almost takes on a battle royal aspect to it, where only a single survivor escapes and I believe this to be the optimum version of the game, and I believe that if everyone played the game with this mindset, you'd have better trials, as well as nerfing SWF. It needs to be every survivor for themselves, allow the survivors who wanna throw themselves into harms way die on the hook. I'll be finishing those gens, because I intend to escape.

    Concerning the matching making and MMR, I believe the system also works elegantly despite its simplicity of relying only on kills. The way it works, is essentially the killer is the "difficulty" of the match, and your ability to get kills raises your lethality rating, whereas for survivors who escape allot have a higher survivability rating than those who do not. Generally though, the vast majority of survivors are going to be sitting in a giant pool of "mid-tier" while a few are at the very top, and a few are at the very bottom. Killers who manage 2-3 kills every match are placed into que with "mid-tier" survivors who are all just "generally" good. Sometimes they survive, sometimes they don't and that's fine. You shouldn't expect to win every game and conversely you shouldn't expect to die in every game, hypothetically you should expect to have a 25% to escape against a similarly lethal killer.

    Those survivors who have high escape rates, IE they are in SWF squads and bully the killer, they are placed in the "high-tier" of survivability and will therefore be paired up with the son-of-a-######### killers who aggressively go for 4ks. Let those jerks play with each other, the "mid-tiers" will have just a fine ol' time facing each other and having fun games.

    This situation actually encourages solo que because if playing solo is enjoyable enough with a solid 25% chance of winning, people who seek out SWF squads on discord will actually STOP looking for squads and solo que, increasing the solo que pool. Make the solo que experience better, and you will see the SWF percentages go down.

    TLDR: Play survivor with the intention of escaping, and you will enjoy the game more.

    This post was made in relation to the upcoming update, which I am eagerly awaiting.

  • @PaintedDeath said:

    I agree

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/332903/why-i-think-the-game-is-in-the-best-place-its-ever-been-game-theory

    This post was made in relation to the upcoming update, which I am eagerly awaiting.

    Like your notion about "4 1vs1", that's the most accurate description and the major problem of survivors: each of survivor team's "body part" are acting independently.


    But I think everyone is playing with intention of escaping. Main problem is that there are ways that prohibits survivors from just playing (for example, camping), and it's controlled totally by the killer. That's the most frustrating thing I experienced firsthand, not dying.