Can Clown normally move this fast? (or is this hacking?)

I reported this Clown in-game as a possible hacker, cause I swear this is not the normal speed, especially while winding up bottle throws. He had no perks for speed, and no addons whatsoever.

Am I going crazy? or was I right to report? (I hope I didn't wrongfully report the dude...)

https://youtu.be/syNsRUIzPDA?t=17

EDIT: turns out I was mistaken about the "bottle wind-up" slowing him down... think I was getting confused by Huntress' hatchets, since they do do that.

It's entirely possible that he used a speed (yellow) bottle here.. Though I could've sworn that he was moving generally faster all game, maybe it was my imagination. I just hope BHVR doesn't get mad at me for reporting, in case it isn't a hacker.....

Comments

  • You hear a bottle break at 15s

    It's v likely he used a yellow bottle (Which is 10% haste increase)

  • @Brokenbones said:

    You hear a bottle break at 15s

    It's v likely he used a yellow bottle (Which is 10% haste increase)

    Dammit... maybe you're right? I swear he was moving fast all round, though.. ofc I didn't catch any other clips. I don't know; I just hope BHVR doesn't get mad at me reporting if it's not hacking. :(

  • @crystalkitti said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3045770#Comment_3045770

    Dammit... maybe you're right? I swear he was moving fast all round, though.. ofc I didn't catch any other clips. I don't know; I just hope BHVR doesn't get mad at me reporting if it's not hacking. :(

    Hacking bans typically don't happen w/out a support ticket, don't worry

    Easy mistake to make


    But yeah clown doesn't slow down while holding his power, yellow bottle makes him move at 126.5% speed for several seconds, addons can extend it

  • @Brokenbones said:

    You hear a bottle break at 15s

    It's v likely he used a yellow bottle (Which is 10% haste increase)

    I'm rewatching the video... I also looked it up: the boost is 10% and lasts for 5s, which... he walks for that long or longer, from what I can tell. And... if that's 10%, holy heck that's fast. (Reminder that he had no addons, too...)

    Basically, I'm torn between "it was a speed boost bottle" and "it was a speed hacker". Either way, I didn't put in a full support ticket, so I doubt anything can be done about it. I'm hoping that also means that BHVR won't get upset... I know I'm paranoid and I worry too much, but.. *Cue nervous keysmashing*

  • @crystalkitti said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3045770#Comment_3045770

    I'm rewatching the video... I also looked it up: the boost is 10% and lasts for 5s, which... he walks for that long or longer, from what I can tell. And... if that's 10%, holy heck that's fast.

    Basically, I'm torn between "it was a speed boost bottle" and "it was a speed hacker". Either way, I didn't put in a full support ticket, so I doubt anything can be done about it. I'm hoping that also means that BHVR won't get upset... I know I'm paranoid and I worry too much, but.. *Cue nervous keysmashing*

    Think of it this way:

    10% haste is 2 play with your food tokens.

    It is VERY noticeable, trust me. As for the time, he might've had an addon for it


    BHVR won't get upset, some ppl spam in game reports and nothing happens. DW about a thing! :)

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3045813#Comment_3045813

    Think of it this way:

    10% haste is 2 play with your food tokens.

    It is VERY noticeable, trust me. As for the time, he might've had an addon for it

    BHVR won't get upset, some ppl spam in game reports and nothing happens. DW about a thing! :)

    Ok... Well, thank you so much for the replies/answers, and the reassurance!! I really need it sometimes, hah.. xD

  • @crystalkitti said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3045819#Comment_3045819

    Ok... Well, thank you so much for the replies/answers, and the reassurance!! I really need it sometimes, hah.. xD

    Glad I could help!

    As a chronic worrier myself, I empathise.