Customisation of Bots in Custom Games?
With AI bots coming into DBD in the near future, for Custom Games exclusively, I was wondering if there is any room for customising them at all?
I'm not expecting to get into their individual loadouts (or be able to use any perks at that point) however I think it'd be a nice touch (pretty doable as well) if a given AI character would wear a cosmetic that the player has currently equipped on a given character.
I think seeing all Bots running around in their default cosmetics would be pretty stale, and for me personally it'd keep things up a lot better.
I'm sure the majority of players don't really care about the addition of the AI, even more so their customisation, but I find it to be a nice escape from the base game and a lot of its issues and negativity. That said - I'm happy about the addition.
Stay safe in the Fog <3
Comments
I care about the AI a lot. I know we are in the minority though with the general mindset 'How does this help me?' 'Why don't the devs use this time somewhere that helps me'. Ugh. Apathy, I hate it.
I think loadouts would be nice. Cosmetics are unlikely but I'd say perks would be a must because of how central they are to the game.. Admittedly if they can't switch perks in and out at a whim they should have a perk loadout set built for a variety of roles and purposes. Personally with AI I kinda like it when they have personality types such as...
The Hero: Guy runs a bunch of perks for saving others from hooks, picking survivors from the ground, taking protection hits
The Focuser: Does generators. Perks such as prove thyself, deja vu. Will unhook if they feel they can but is cautious about it.
The Runner/Chaser: Uses exhaustion perks and other things to run the killer for as long as possible. They love being chased and unless on death hook will try to divert the killer.
The support: More passive version of the hero. Runs healing perks and tries to unhook and heal people but will do generators if nothing else is available or safe to do so.
Those would be the default four but you could add others that are less positive such as the 'sneak' or the 'ninja' who immensely dislike being in chase. We all know those players who crawl around in the grass. All of them will do generators, and 'largely' act the same but their perks support certain playstyles.
Whoa guys. Love the ambition, sounds great on paper, but let's just get to the point where the actually add bots successfully first lol