mmr system makes you play toxic
Think about any other team based game with mmr (and yes dbd is a team based game even if you don't want to think of it that way). What other team based game with mmr rewards you for trying to help yourself at the cost of your teammates? Maybe people can think of some but I can't think of any.
Imagine any other game where all that mattered was how often you died and didn't matter how well your team did, how would the game change? You just care about yourself and nobody else. I had some bad luck recently and dipped in mmr I think. Now my teammates are getting insta downed and just hiding all game. I actually dont mind dying if its a fun game. The problem is at low mmrs everyone just hides and heals all game.
So now I basically have to run a hatch build just so that I can try to outlast my teammates and try to get back to an mmr where people do gens. To be clear I will not sandbag my teammates or hide at the start, but if it's a situation where ruin is up, 3 gens are left and 1 person is dead (aka we are going to lose), then yes it's a hatch game and theres no point in trying to do gens. If it was team based mmr no matter the situation I'd just keep running around trying to get chase so my teammates could do gens.
People even pointed this out when the mmr system was created and said how dumb it was. We are seeing the results now, get with the program. Fix it. On top of it all this is another thing that makes swf so much better than solo q. In swf everyone is trying to help everyone. In solo q some people help but many don't.
Comments