Renewable + For the people doesn't work together

https://youtu.be/fevgw5unL_A

Renewal does not activate when for the people is used. Don't know if its bugged or not but it would be a good perk combo no lie

Tagged: Not a Bug

Comments

  • I mean... it would.

    But renewal counts I think the time you spent healing someone, not that you healed them. It's the same issue I have sometimes with gen archives when using prove thyself.

    Yeah I completed a gen, but in practice i did half of it. The other half did the other survivor.

  • Logically speaking, it SHOULD work together when reading both the descriptions of For The People and Renewal:

    For The People:

    Press the Active Ability button while healing another Survivor without a Med-Kit to instantly heal them 1 Health State

    Renewal:

    When you heal another Survivor for the equivalent of 1 Health State, Renewal activates


    Thus, both perks not working together would mean either:

    a) the description is inaccurate or

    b) this is a bug.


    Slapping a NOT A BUG tag on this post, seems a bit too easy.

  • For the People doesn't charge up the health state, it tells the game to just switch it, hence why you're not technically healing them.

    Understanding this subtle difference is important to understand why it's indeed not a bug.

    Any action that is instant works like that in DbD.

  • @Alionis You're right, and that is likely how it works. Though, reading both descriptions would make most people think the perks work together.

    We understand why it doesn't work, but casual players will be confused about why these perks aren't compatible. I'd say this is still a bug, but making these 2 perks work together could also be interpreted as a feature request.