Cheater? Desync? Or slinger bug? Insta scoping...

Just versed a deathslinger (been a long time so that was nice) but this player was insta scoping like before the deathslinger nerfs happened.

Now I'm not complaining as I didn't even think slinger needed the nerfs but I'm more just curious what was going on.

I messaged people on my team who wasnt crossplay and they was seeing the same thing (quick scopes). Checking the actual killer player he had no bans etc. But only had 50hours so little confused

Comments

  • Could be they play a lot of FPS and picked up the only FPS killer in the game rather quickly? But I'm not sure, never played Deathslinger, so I'm not sure how good his aiming is. But if they had other games played such as Halo, COD, ect. and have a lot of hours, not to farfetched they picked up on playing the gun slinging killer after a bit of practice handling his controls and working out how his aim would be before even putting the gun up to aim.

  • @Mekochi said:

    Could be they play a lot of FPS and picked up the only FPS killer in the game rather quickly? But I'm not sure, never played Deathslinger, so I'm not sure how good his aiming is. But if they had other games played such as Halo, COD, ect. and have a lot of hours, not to farfetched they picked up on playing the gun slinging killer after a bit of practice handling his controls and working out how his aim would be before even putting the gun up to aim.

    It's not the aiming it's the fact he had no wind up animation. I'm not if you're aware but deathslinger got a nerf ages ago so he couldn't quick scope but this player was doing it so I wasnt sure if it was changed back, a bug or a cheater etc.

  • Power wind-up animations are often scuffed and desync'd from the survivor perspective. Very noticeable on Huntress, who often looks like she has Babushka even when she doesn't. Same for Slinger. Nemesis has a bug where he literally whips invisibly. Silent Bubba chainsaw is still a thing. Sometimes for Billy as well.

    It's been like this for quite a few months.

    Could it have been a cheater? Sure. But this is DbD, where spaghetti code makes it impossible to tell features, bugs and cheats apart.

  • @Bwsted said:

    Power wind-up animations are often scuffed and desync'd from the survivor perspective. Very noticeable on Huntress, who often looks like she has Babushka even when she doesn't. Same for Slinger. Nemesis has a bug where he literally whips invisibly. Silent Bubba chainsaw is still a thing. Sometimes for Billy as well.

    It's been like this for quite a few months.

    Could it have been a cheater? Sure. But this is DbD, where spaghetti code makes it impossible to tell features, bugs and cheats apart.

    Yeah that's true, especially that nemesis one that has 0 sound and animation then you're suddenly hit lol.

    I was kinda hoping they reverted the changes tbh, that's kinda sad they haven't I miss old slinger