Does anyone else hate playing against the Dredge

While the killer is extremely fun to play, I find him to have quickly jumped to #1 most annoying killer to play against. The nightfall mechanic is really cool thematically and fits the games genre quite well, but man does it make me want to alt-f4. Does anyone else feel like this? Should nightfall be tuned down a bit?

Comments

  • I enjoy when the killer is absolutely merciless. I played against a dredge player who had it down pat. He stole so much information from us and was just pressuring so well it was oppressive. I congratulated him on his successful build.

  • @Biscuits said:

    While the killer is extremely fun to play, I find him to have quickly jumped to #1 most annoying killer to play against. The nightfall mechanic is really cool thematically and fits the games genre quite well, but man does it make me want to alt-f4. Does anyone else feel like this? Should nightfall be tuned down a bit?

    Nightfall barely does anything as is. On some maps, it almost literally does nothing due to projected lighting. It also often makes the Killer easier to see. Toning it down would make it do even more nothing. Or less nothing. You get what I mean. Ya, faster locker hops, but the confusing nature of low visibility is already not great, and gutting it would make the mechanic nearly useless.

  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/330943/does-anyone-else-hate-playing-against-the-dredge

    Nightfall barely does anything as is. On some maps, it almost literally does nothing due to projected lighting. It also often makes the Killer easier to see. Toning it down would make it do even more nothing. Or less nothing. You get what I mean. Ya, faster locker hops, but the confusing nature of low visibility is already not great, and gutting it would make the mechanic nearly useless.

    I feel like for it to be barely anything you need to run a filter. I don't have any filters and my brightness is quite low on my monitor, I can't even make out generators 6 feet in front of me. Are you saying that for me to enjoy going against the dredge I should just adjust my games lighting?

  • @Biscuits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026158#Comment_3026158

    I feel like for it to be barely anything you need to run a filter. I don't have any filters and my brightness is quite low on my monitor, I can't even make out generators 6 feet in front of me. Are you saying that for me to enjoy going against the dredge I should just adjust my games lighting?

    No, I'm not. I don't know what is going on with your monitor, as many monitors actually show lighting and color very differently, but a ton of people have reported Nightfall causing very little loss in visibility on many maps. On SOME maps, yes, Nightfall does actually make it dark. On others, however, the darkness is hardly noticeable.

    I'm not going to say it was a well designed mechanic, cuz it has issues. The fact that the efficacy of the darkness is map reliant is a big issue.

    Toning it down would help on those few maps where Nightfall actually works, but on other maps, it would make for nearly no noticeable change.

  • @Biscuits said:

    While the killer is extremely fun to play, I find him to have quickly jumped to #1 most annoying killer to play against. The nightfall mechanic is really cool thematically and fits the games genre quite well, but man does it make me want to alt-f4. Does anyone else feel like this? Should nightfall be tuned down a bit?

    No, I enjoy it - he's so different to other killers, and I enjoy having to play a bit differently too.

    Nightfall is one of those things that isn't as nasty as it seems at first - just know where you are at all times and plan an escape route out in advance once you get the audio prompt that it's close.

    It has almost no effect on Farm, Swamp, Eyrie, Ormond, Gideon, Forest, GOR and Asylum and is only somewhat impactful on Haddonfield, Midwich and Autohaven maps.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/330943/does-anyone-else-hate-playing-against-the-dredge

    No, I enjoy it - he's so different to other killers, and I enjoy having to play a bit differently too.

    Nightfall is one of those things that isn't as nasty as it seems at first - just know where you are at all times and plan an escape route out in advance once you get the audio prompt that it's close.

    It has almost no effect on Farm, Swamp, Eyrie, Ormond, Gideon, Forest, GOR and Asylum and is only somewhat impactful on Haddonfield, Midwich and Autohaven maps.

    You guys are going to have to start showing some videos of your PoV, because I am starting to think I'm the only person who doesn't run a filter. Without windows of opportunity, you basically have to memorize the map layout to make it to the next loop.