Question about the Matchmaking Incentives

"Matchmaking incentives are unique to you and dependent on your matchmaking ratings and region."

Given that SBMM ratings are separate for each Killer, how will this be displayed in the UI?

For example, let's say I have 900 on Nurse, 1200 on Legion, and 1600 on Spirit - and the game indicates that the survivors in the region desperately requires killers in the 1200 range right now, though they already have enough killers in 900/1600 range. How will this be shown?

Comments

  • It's a very good question - I believe they also have your average SBMM rating for all your killers stored somewhere, so it may potentially use your average to determine if your average is what people need.

  • @Jarky said:

    It's a very good question - I believe they also have your average SBMM rating for all your killers stored somewhere, so it may potentially use your average to determine if your average is what people need.

    Unless the developers are assuming that players are able to play all the killers at a similar skill level, then it wouldn't work very well. (But if that's the case, then why would they separate the ratings in the first place?)

    For example, let's say I only have played the above three killers - 900, 1200, and 1600. If the game averages my ratings (1233) and thinks that I'm a "1200" player, but I choose to play the 900 Nurse or 1600 Spirit, then it wouldn't actually help speed up or tighten the matchmaking in any way.