Why is there no grind reduction for survivor mains who only play 1 character?
Survivors are essentially skins of each other, so there's no real reason beyond personal achievement/personal preference, cosmetic differences, or perhaps pain noises, to actually unlock all perks on all characters. That being the case, there's an INCREASE in grind under certain conditions if you're a player with a lot of hours/progression.
Let me explain: I have Cheryl at P3 Lv 50 with every perk unlocked in the game at tier 3. If a new survivor came out right now today, I would level up the new survivor to Lv 40, therein unlocking all tier 1 perks on Cheryl's bloodweb. I would then be able to collect potentially 2 of the 3 new perks on a new bloodweb right away because the entity will always consume at least one of the remaining perks if you take one. I then complete the bloodweb and I take the 3rd perk when the bloodweb refreshes. I have all three tier 1 perks now, and it only took me 42-43 levels in total (40 for the new survivor and 2-3 for Cheryl to obtain the new perks)
With the new update, I can no longer get all three tier 1 perks by Lv 40 on the new survivor, I have to get them to Lv. 50. Remember, I only need to invest 42-43 levels between my survivors currently. The new update increases that by 7-8 levels. That's a few hundred thousand bloodpoints more you need to invest. And then beyond that, you will still invest bloodpoints the normal way to get the tier 2 and tier 3 perks because you're only investing in a single character, so you don't need to get the extra 100 levels to get the tier 3 perks for getting the new survivor to prestige 3.
I know the game is far less grindy for those who only play 1 character, but I still think it would have been better to just remove perk tiers altogether and remove useless and wasteful filler offerings from the bloodweb such as the bog laurel sachet or faint reagents, which would save you a massive amount of bloodpoints. This would benefit everyone instead of people who just play 1 survivor. To me, new update just punishes players for having 1 character they exclusively main. It's more of an inconvenience than anything, but when the devs decide to remove the bloodpoint bonus from perks like BBQ and WGLF because they "reduced the grind by 75%", that's clearly not true for everyone.
Comments