I'm a killer main, and I approve the BT basekit update
This is honestly fabulous. Especially as a killer who likes to "spread the love" I get sad when I try to hit the unhooker but accidentally down the survivor who just got unhooked, and this change will also make things more consistent so I will be unpleasantly surprised by BT less often.
I'm also excited about my precious Overcharge becoming crazy OP, and about Dead Hard losing the dash.
In general I think making Endurance happen more often is a good thing, because it's a good, balanced mechanic since it gives the survivor an extra hit, but then they specifically have to escape and heal their deep wound, so they're not doing gens which helps the killer.
During our 6th Anniversary Broadcast, we announced a new progression system and a meta-shifting perk overhaul. We’re thrilled to say that both initiatives will headline the upcoming Mid-Chapter. From the onset, it was important for us to release these changes as a package. Our objective is to shake up the current meta,…
Comments
As people are mentioning on Twitter, though, the new OTR sounds like it will guarantee escape once the gates are powered, which is kinda sad.
I'm honestly overall really positively surprised by all the upcoming changes. The only thing I would still add, at least to the "basekit BT" is: it should deactivate, once the exit gates are powered. Otherwise, and especially combined with Off the Record, it WILL always be a guaranteed escape.
The new meta I'm expecting to immediately come out of these changes is for every survivor to start running OTR and every killer to start running Thanatophobia to counter it.