Can't report a hacker on PS4 because the reporting system is broken
Had a survivor hacker on my second killer game (great matchmaking by the way). They teleported around the map, did gens at insane speeds, flew, blinded me from across the map, anything you can think of they did. I have photos and a username but can't do anything because the reporting is broken on PS4. I know this won't do anything as it seems Behavior doesn't care but I figured I should make sure the issue is known.
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
When you say "the reporting is broken" on PS4, are you referring to not being able to bring up the report option in the post game match, or that it won't send and hangs on the report, anything like that? If that is the case, I might suggest taking that over to Bug Reports if it hasn't been reported already: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs Please check and see if it has been reported already and upvote it, otherwise you can open a new report following the guidelines.
If you are referring to it feels like it doesn't do anything, I can assure you that is not the case whatsoever. When the correct procedures are followed, people are punished, even banned, for breaking the in-game rules. The in-game report button flags the match, and is required for all reports, regardless of the offense. In regards to cheating/hacking, along with the in-game report (required), a ticket with video evidence is also required to be sent to Support: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Video of the match can be gathered via the 'Share' button on the PS4 controller and uploaded to Youtube as an unlisted video. Where it asks for Steam ID 64 or Gamertag, the name as it appeared in the match is all that is required. To review the Game rules and the report process, you can find it all listed here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/139-game-rules
Lastly, in regards to your posted screenshots, they were removed as they violated our Naming and Shaming rule. We do not handle in-game rule violations or bans here on the forum, and per the rules, request that if a post reflects negatively on others whatsoever, please censor out or remove their names. This rule is to protect others from harassment and witch hunting, and a very common rule among many public forums.
So if I don't have a video because the guy was teleporting out of sight the whole match then there is nothing that can be done? Great system. Do you happen to know how to get a refund on PS4? Glad I wasted my money.
I do understand the frustration of not having the video of the offense, however, that is the current and correct method to report that particular rule violation, as the ACMs do not ban without clear evidence of a player breaking the in-game rules, including hacking/cheating.
Per our EULA, request of refunds would need to be brought to the platform in which it was purchased (which in this case would be PSN): https://deadbydaylight.com/eula