Why does Twins get punished for using their power correctly?

Seems like the only killer in the game that actively gets punished for downing survivors with their power. Down someone with Victor? Bam several second cooldown unable to switch and you must wait standing over the survivor doing nothing. I get that Twins is supposedly "god tier" at high mmr according to the devs, but barely anyone even plays Twins. I'm hoping when they get looked at again this dumb cooldown is removed.

Comments

  • Honestly, when twins gets there changes this might be the one thing I want them to keep. Of course with buffs in compensation.

    I understand why it's there, there power to down a whole team very very quickly is scary, let alot victor is hard to dodge.

    But right now I think it's pointless to have 5 seconds since they already have alot of negative for using powers.

  • The nature of their power is very punishing.

    If you release Victor to chase someone and let's say they're smart enough to run away from Charlotte, several things:

    1) You miss a lunge and proceed to be kicked, congrats you wasted a lot of time

    2) You down someone but they have a buddy-buddy system, congrats you still wasted a lot of time for a down that's most likely not going to matter

    3) You down someone by themselves, but you either slug because they're too far away or you waste time moving Charlotte to the survivor

    ^ Probably my biggest issues with Twins atm from a self-acclaimed Twins main on console :O

  • It doesn't make any sense, it was a bad change. It just makes them feel so clunky to play. They also nerfed their best addons and in exchange buffed a bunch of useless addons that btw are still useless even after the "buff".

    They essentially wanted to nerf the minute few of us left that actually play Twins because they're "too good" at high mmr. Honestly even running into a Twins is rarer than a god tier Nurse is yet Nurse doesn't get nerfed because of how rare those god tier Nurses are.

    I mean by that logic should we also nerf survivors because they're too good at high mmr specifically? Oh..no? That would hurt all the other survivors? Interesting. I guess that same logic doesn't apply to Twins.

    You can see the double standards here.