Dedicated servers?

I'm pretty sure everyone in the community would love to see dedicated servers implemented with myself included. There are countless benefits to having servers, but it's up to the devs to make this decision. I've personally spent over $100 on cosmetics and so have my friends. I think it's important to invest the money made from all of these cosmetics into dedicated servers for the longevity of the game. How many times have you waited 10+ minutes for a game? How many times have you had to dodge a killer because they had bad ping? I roughly have 1300 hours into this game and I guess I'm getting kind of tired of dealing with these annoying situations. I know dedicated servers are possible. I just hope the devs make it happen(especially on console).

Comments

  • Too much effort to redo all the code.

    Remember that they named as one of the reasons why DS rework got scrapped that they needed new animations for it

  • Master said:

    Too much effort to redo all the code.

    Remember that they named as one of the reasons why DS rework got scrapped that they needed new animations for it

    Friday the 13th was able to do it with less money and players though...
  • Master said:

    Too much effort to redo all the code.

    Remember that they named as one of the reasons why DS rework got scrapped that they needed new animations for it

    When did they say they weren't gonna rework DS?!
  • Master said:

    Too much effort to redo all the code.

    Remember that they named as one of the reasons why DS rework got scrapped that they needed new animations for it

    When did they say they weren't gonna rework DS?!
    They didn’t. It is still being worked on. They just wasn’t satisfied how the animation looked which is why they didn’t release it during the midpatch. And they also said it wasn’t impactful as they wanted it to be.
  • Even though @McLean “promised” a change the next patch on a twitch livestream.
    This was two patches ago by the way.