Any guess on the type of meta change? I guess a Healing/anti healing meta.

Correct me if I'm wrong but currently the Meta now I'd gen defense perks and camping and tunneling now right?

I think based on the majority of perks that are going to be changed has to do with healing in one way or another and the fact Boon: Circle of Healing is not being changed I think the meta is going to shift to Healing speeds.

What do you think? What are your guesses?

Comments

  • A ton of survivor perks that deny info to the killer (Distortion, Sole Survivor, Off the Record, Lightweight, Iron Will, Calm Spirit, & Lucky Break) are getting attention, which suggests pretty strongly that they want survivors to have more tools to evade the killer rather than rely solely on outrunning them. Spine Chill is also on the list as a plausible nerf.


    I suspect the intention is to make the game scarier and reward survivors for playing in a high risk, stealthy style.

  • @Mozic said:

    A ton of survivor perks that deny info to the killer (Distortion, Sole Survivor, Off the Record, Lightweight, Iron Will, Calm Spirit, & Lucky Break) are getting attention, which suggests pretty strongly that they want survivors to have more tools to evade the killer rather than rely solely on outrunning them. Spine Chill is also on the list as a plausible nerf.

    I suspect the intention is to make the game scarier and reward survivors for playing in a high risk, stealthy style.

    I'm guessing spinechill will no longer work if the killer is in the undectable status effect

    • A lot of killer slowdown perks are in the change list, which makes me think they're possibly going to slow gens down across the board to make killers feel less obligated to run a slowdown perk in their loadout. Then, to keep the slowdown perks from now being too powerful with the new base speeds, they'll nerf all those slowdowns in that perk list so that, if you do run them, the net slowdown isn't overly oppressive.
    • I also noticed Circle of Healing not being on the list, which to me implies they're relatively ok with its current incarnation. They might be revamping the solo-only healing perks to make them a little more attractive as alternate choices to Circle of Healing. Or they might be tweaking some healing perks so they don't stack as much with Circle of Healing to keep net total healing speeds in check. Hard to say. 🤷‍♂️
    • Finally both bloodpoint bonus perks (i.e. BBQ and Chili and We're Gonna Live Forever) are on the list. That to me implies they might be increasing the base bloodpoint gains per match so players don't feel as obligated to run one of these two perks to help them "grind", and then revamping these two perks to replace the bloodpoint bonus with something else. (Either that or just nerfing the bonus a bit so that if you use them under the new system you end up getting the same total bloodpoints on average that you currently get when you use them.)


  • @Mozic said:

    A ton of survivor perks that deny info to the killer (Distortion, Sole Survivor, Off the Record, Lightweight, Iron Will, Calm Spirit, & Lucky Break) are getting attention, which suggests pretty strongly that they want survivors to have more tools to evade the killer rather than rely solely on outrunning them. Spine Chill is also on the list as a plausible nerf.

    I suspect the intention is to make the game scarier and reward survivors for playing in a high risk, stealthy style.

    A new stealthy meta would be nice but wouldn't they have to do something about chases?

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3004901#Comment_3004901

    A new stealthy meta would be nice but wouldn't they have to do something about chases?

    Presumably! Perhaps neutering Dead Hard will make chases an overall deadlier proposition?

  • @dugman said:

    • A lot of killer slowdown perks are in the change list, which makes me think they're possibly going to slow gens down across the board to make killers feel less obligated to run a slowdown perk in their loadout. Then, to keep the slowdown perks from now being too powerful with the new base speeds, they'll nerf all those slowdowns in that perk list so that, if you do run them, the net slowdown isn't overly oppressive.
    • I also noticed Circle of Healing not being on the list, which to me implies they're relatively ok with its current incarnation. They might be revamping the solo-only healing perks to make them a little more attractive as alternate choices to Circle of Healing. Or they might be tweaking some healing perks so they don't stack as much with Circle of Healing to keep net total healing speeds in check. Hard to say. 🤷‍♂️
    • Finally both bloodpoint bonus perks (i.e. BBQ and Chili and We're Gonna Live Forever) are on the list. That to me implies they might be increasing the base bloodpoint gains per match so players don't feel as obligated to run one of these two perks to help them "grind", and then revamping these two perks to replace the bloodpoint bonus with something else. (Either that or just nerfing the bonus a bit so that if you use them under the new system you end up getting the same total bloodpoints on average that you currently get when you use them.)

    I agree with your assessment.

  • @dugman said:

    • A lot of killer slowdown perks are in the change list, which makes me think they're possibly going to slow gens down across the board to make killers feel less obligated to run a slowdown perk in their loadout. Then, to keep the slowdown perks from now being too powerful with the new base speeds, they'll nerf all those slowdowns in that perk list so that, if you do run them, the net slowdown isn't overly oppressive.
    • I also noticed Circle of Healing not being on the list, which to me implies they're relatively ok with its current incarnation. They might be revamping the solo-only healing perks to make them a little more attractive as alternate choices to Circle of Healing. Or they might be tweaking some healing perks so they don't stack as much with Circle of Healing to keep net total healing speeds in check. Hard to say. 🤷‍♂️
    • Finally both bloodpoint bonus perks (i.e. BBQ and Chili and We're Gonna Live Forever) are on the list. That to me implies they might be increasing the base bloodpoint gains per match so players don't feel as obligated to run one of these two perks to help them "grind", and then revamping these two perks to replace the bloodpoint bonus with something else. (Either that or just nerfing the bonus a bit so that if you use them under the new system you end up getting the same total bloodpoints on average that you currently get when you use them.)

    I hope they do slow down the Gens and give Dead Hard some sort of nerf, but I think if they’ll going to make it about stealth then they should try and make the killers have a higher level of pressure. Give a reason for a Survivor to hide instead of booking it?

  • @Mozic said:

    A ton of survivor perks that deny info to the killer (Distortion, Sole Survivor, Off the Record, Lightweight, Iron Will, Calm Spirit, & Lucky Break) are getting attention, which suggests pretty strongly that they want survivors to have more tools to evade the killer rather than rely solely on outrunning them. Spine Chill is also on the list as a plausible nerf.

    I suspect the intention is to make the game scarier and reward survivors for playing in a high risk, stealthy style.

    I would be very happy with that, honestly I used to hate stealth but now I’d be a big fan of it

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3004901#Comment_3004901

    I would be very happy with that, honestly I used to hate stealth but now I’d be a big fan of it

    I think if Iron Will and other "Hide your grunts of pain" perks get to remain at a lofty 100% I'll be a little worried about a stealth-heavy meta, but if it gets capped at something where there are always at least some amount of audible sounds to track, I think it could be pretty interesting.

  • Clearly Flashbang meta is at last upon us