Wraith's perks not getting a change?

Bloodhound and Predator are useless in the current meta and was surprised they're not on the list of perks being changed

Comments

  • They've said they can't change every single perk this patch due to bandwidth and one not being changed doesn't mean it won't be changed in the future. Hopefully this will shake up the meta regardless so perk variety will come in, but I'm sure once they've done this round more perks further down the line will be getting looked at, both ones ran too often and ones not ran often enough.

  • I was hoping to see Shadowborn there which would mean FOV slider which would mean I would be able to play killer with 4 perks (copium)

  • I'm very surprised at Predator not getting changed because its actively harmful. It can actually cause you to lose survivors because scratch marks don't spread against walls and certain terrain and areas actually cause you a disadvantage.

    I get that Wraiths perks are meant to be very basic and help beginners track and Bloodhound not getting changes is... not ideal, however it's still a good beginner perk to teach beginners how blood patterns work and what to look out for when not using it but Predator is arguably the worst perk in the game because unlike all others it's actively harmful and the times it's useful don't outweigh the drawbacks. I'd rather not run a perk at all then run Predator. Yes, Wraith's adept was not fun.

    Shadowborn isn't 'great' but it's useful in select situations and killers. Boosting it too much could be problematic.

  • They couldn't possibly hope to get to every perk this time around, so I think this is fine. If anything, the only one I would've wanted to see on the list would be Shadowborn, since it could fit with a 'change accompanying basekit changes', by making it a toggle in the menu and giving it a new effect.

    Bloodhound is fundamentally fine and Predator does need some work, but again, they can't change everything that needs changing and it's okay that they're focusing more on meta perks.

  • I actually like Bloodhound. It gives a similar benefit as Nurse's Calling but isn't affected by survivor perks which hide auras like Distortion or Shadowstep or Haddie's new perk Residual Manifest. Sure, you can see blood without it, but you can't miss blood with it, plus the blood trails last longer than normal which makes it even more likely they'll be visible.

    Predator has potential to be good but the fact that it makes it almost impossible for scratches to appear above ground level hurts your ability to see the scratches at long range. If Predator had the same concentration of scratches on the ground but still put up a few stragglers on nearby objects and walls so you could see them at long range then I'd definitely consider using it more.