My new way of dealing with DBD.
I posted back in Oct of 2021 that I was leaving the community. Yet I’m back here and someone in my friend group asked me why. I thought about it for a few days and I have my answer.
It’s not the game I’m mad at. It’s the people who play it.
For killers it’s the toxic pallet campers with flashlights brighter than my future. For Survivors it’s extreme tunneling and hook buddies.
Of course the peeks and powers that each side has is going to be a factor. Especially if someone toxic uses them, but I’ve found a way to try and fix that mentality. Sadly it only works IF i get a Xbox player as a Survivor. I actively ask them how they are doing and what their last match was against. Just these little things seem to make them almost completely act like a buddy (not in a cheating way, more like a I want to scare them way).
Sadly it’s mainly PC players I find to be overly toxic, especially with TTV tags in there names.
As a small disclaimer: I don’t care about getting 4Ks. I like getting 2Ks and 3Ks, im not going to complain because I don’t always get 4Ks. But if some toxic guy teabaging me because he and his buddies tripled stunned me with flashlights? Yes I Will get salty.
Im rambling, sorry. My main point is that I feel like if you remember that other people are out there not being toxic, you’d feel better about playing DBD.
Comments