The Flaw behind The Killer Concept

I want to start by saying I agree not all killers should be top tier. How ever the core concept of the killer is something that needs to be talked about. Fundamental each killer should be some were in the middle between the following:

  1. Kill potential
  2. ability to scare or surprise
  3. Fun for killer

    Now for me I dont often worry about kill potential I dont play top tier nurse billy ect. I Play trapper doc and pig. Trapper to catch survivors when they think there safe, pig for the stealth jump scare. Doc for the farm. To me the base kit should be a balance between these 3 things. The base perks should also in some way add to these. Lastly the addons should be the deciding factor in what direction you go. Thus giving killers customization. Why to I point these things out? Because I believe there is one massive flaw behind killer creation and concept.

    The reason people play a killer is to out whit 4 other people, kill them, or scare them. That can only be done if first and foremost killers are imposing and have lethal potential. Myers t3, billy chain saw, I say this due in part to the role of survivors. The will always find a way to push there advantage, BUT if a killer is weak like Freddy, he cannot overcome survivors strengths and impose moments of weakness in survivors thus no risk for survivors there is no control for killers. and finally no fun.

    I say this to the dev's: everyone wants to have fun, but some times I feel like you lose site of the basic fundamental mechanics of this game. If you give us weak killers with gimmicks that don't offer what killers need and give us "fun" mechanics, eventually survivors will do as they do to Freddy, and robbing the killer of any fun as he or she gets defeated by basic survivor mechanics. Give killers a standard basic kit that can ensure some threat like the clown or the shape or the cannable. Doing this will ensure long term enjoyment for both groups killer and survivor.

If you stuck with me through this wall of text please lets have a honest discussion, what do you think?

Comments

  • I agree with killers needing to be fun because after all, this is a game, games are meant for fun, some killers just need a few buffs to be better like how spirit was at first. However I think teachable perks should have their own little special effect if the killer that owns those perks originally runs them. For example Freddy with Fire up, it should lower his dream transition time by one second for every gen that is done (Does not stack with blocks tho) Blood warden should add 10 more seconds if Freddy uses it and Remember me should let you gain 2 more tokens when you hit your obsession. This could possible work with survivors as well though.

  • I enjoy to play with Freddy every single time (Im a Freddy fanboy since the '90). You just need to try a better build. I can tell they beggin to scream and run pointlessly at the exit gates when I get to activate a good Blood Warden + NOED (extasy) :blush: