Looking for people willing to stare at idle animations (for a bug report)

So. When I was doing some window shopping in the in-game store, I noticed something very, very odd with Adam's idle animation.

His right arm either lengthens as he goes out of, or shortens as he goes into his 'looking around' animation. I

image.png image.png

See the difference? I don't have the know-how to make a clip of this phenomenon, so it's best seen for yourself.

This has lead me on a journey going through all the idle animations of the survivors. This journey made me discover that Adam isn't the only one who has some weirdness going on with his idle animations. Thus far, I have compiled the following:


Dwight: No longer bites his nails, now has a very weird 'skip' in his fingers once he finishes his standard 'loop'.

Feng: She very stiffly drops her arms when starting her looking around animation, then stiffly folds them back again. Can't recall it looking that unnatural before.

Tapp: No longer goes over his head with one of his hands. Something appears broken in his normal cycle, as his right arm dips slightly in an abrupt fashion.

Adam: His left arm does a very weird shrink as he goes into his looking around animation.

Jane: Enters her second looking around animation dropping her hand, as if holding an item. Looking closely, she actually is holding a mysterious quasi-invisible item, with an effect that reminds me of Wraith's shimmer. Very weird.

Steve: No longer does the neck-roll animation. Likely an issue somewhere in his normal cycle, but can't really tell where it goes wrong.

Felix: No longer cracks his knuckles, instead goes into the same animation as if he were holding an item. Presumably the same issue as Jane's, but I haven't spotted the mysterious item.


Now, this naturally goes in a bug report section, and I will make one later. However, before I do that, I want to outsource looking into the finer details of the rest of the cast. Why? Because I want to be comprehensive. I am therefore calling out to y'all because I either simply don't know the character's idle animations, or am overlooking the details. I myself currently main Felix and have mained Tapp, so those animations were the ones that really stood out to me (or rather, the lack thereof).

Simply put, I am looking for folks who 'main' survivors who can tell me what, if anything, is wrong with their idle lobby animations.

So. Who's gonna join me in this journey of fixing some of the more insignificant animation bugs for the entire cast?

Comments

  • I noticed this with other survivors.

    Elodie's right arm stretches at an odd angle when she's carrying an item and Lisa's arms stretch out even when there's no item. I'm pretty sure she only does this when she's carrying one.

  • @Mazoobi said:

    I noticed this with other survivors.

    Elodie's right arm stretches at an odd angle when she's carrying an item and Lisa's arms stretch out even when there's no item. I'm pretty sure she only does this when she's carrying one.

    Oh boy I did not even consider the legendary skins. I only own 1 so I can't even tell if any other are broken.

    Thanks, though. This is exactly what I was hoping for.

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2992720#Comment_2992720

    Oh boy I did not even consider the legendary skins. I only own 1 so I can't even tell if any other are broken.

    Thanks, though. This is exactly what I was hoping for.

    It's quite funky looking. It was super buggy one time and Lisa was doing her signature stance and opening stance so fast, it looked like she was clapping.