So is the dredge another drop pallet and hold w killer?
I was playing against the dredge today who was able to use his power at loops making it difficult to do (not complain about) and it just wasn't possible to loop against him
I could be wrong but is he just another hold w killer or am I missing something to his counter play?
(Ps I'm not complaining about him to get him nerfed or whatever I'm just asking a question)
Comments
Well, you definitely want to try and chain loops together against him, that's true. Just holding w and dropping pallets mindlessly probably won't get you far though.
At more complex loops you can also use clever rooting, instead of just leaving the loop. And I think you can also try using objects close to pallet loops instead of the actual pallet loop if he uses his remnant at a pallet loop, it forces him to cancel his ability because he wouldn't catch up to you otherwise.
Yes kinda.
My question is "How many Killers in the game don't fall under either loop for a billion years or hold W forever because Killer is impossible to loop?"
Yeah similar to artist
It's abilities are similar to the spirit (phase teleport, remnant), Freddy/Onryo (teleport), and a passive darkness that builds over time (faster with hits/hooks/kills). It has both map control and anti-loop with additional disorientation ability (like clown). I guess that's the best way to explain it.
The difference with it's husk vs the Spirit is that it can interact/attack after leaving it's husk behind.
He is decent but there are already survivors who have found how to handle his anti-loop.
It has only been out for about five hours.
if you watch some streamers play as and against it, you can find survivors who can loop it just fine. Chaining loops, destroying the remnant, breaking line of sight and juking in directions dredge doesn't expect, etc. You just can't mindlessly run around in circles against it.
More or less, yes.
Dredge's anti loop is good, but it makes him slow and has a tell. If you see his off hand raised up, he is channeling his power. Meaning he can't attack for a little bit after stopping his power or teleporting. Depending on the loop or pathing you can just run away to the next loop. Maybe go the other way around your current loop if need be. And there are still loops that are just too strong for Dredge to deal with without being forced to break a pallet. And there are loops that the Dredge can murder at with well placed lockers.
Need more time to figure out where Dredge is tier wise. But I like how he changes the gameplay a little bit in having access to a few different mind games or 50/50s.
But Dredge also seems to be weak against the W meta of just running away. Not so much the distance gained, locker TPs help there, but in how the Dredge can easily mind game himself to losing chases.