How characters are nerfed
This is mainly for people like Tapp,Jill and Leon I'm mainly focusing on Jill so the Entity isn't nerfing them so they can fit in with the rest of the survivors. No it's the fact their no longer main characters their brain realized that and just nerfed themselves think about it in Resident Evil Jill is the main character and is thrown around basically hurt so much but just comes out with a scratch but in DBD her brain just realized she isn't a main character so it nerfs itself by default. Same with Laurie she was able to survive against basically a super being with mostly minor injuries but in the game still two hits and down.
In the end the entity isn't nerfing them their brains are since their no longer main characters.
Comments
I think you forgot about the nicely fit plot armor that came with both Jill and Laurie
I mean, they’re able to withstand various types of weapons hitting them at various angles, meathooks going through their lungs and potentially even hearts, their legs being crushed by a bear trap, etc, etc.
And be completely fine after some good ol’ backrubs.