Report function really needs work

I stopped reporting people over 3 years ago because the report function was terrible and would never accept the upload.

Well yesterday got grief bodyblocked by a killer for 10 minutes. So I decided it's been awhile, maybe I should report this player. I grabbed the match video (I record every match) went on over to the report page for DBD.

Filled out cloudID, selected unsporrtsmanlike conduct,... hit submit button.

"The upload took too long, connection was lost."

tried again

"The upload took too long, connection was lost."

tried a third time

"The upload took too long, connection was lost."

This is why the game is filled with people like this, you cannot get them banned. I uploaded vid to yt. just in case, but nothing ever happens to these people.

Comments

  • For reference, the vid uploaded to youtube in like 30 seconds. I have a rock solid dedicated internet connection for gaming. I have two internet lines in my house, one is specifically for my computer so theres no one using my connection but me when I play and I can upload videos fast and without any throttling. Also not on wifi, direct ethernet to router.

    What triggers me about this is how on the forums they say you must file in game report and upload video of entire match and that without our reporting not much they can do against cheaters/bots etc,... YOU CANT REPORT THEM.

    This is why I don't bother reporting cheaters either and when I thought maybe things had improved, its the same thing. Video will not upload and you cannot file a report.

  • they're gonna close this thread by citing some bullshit rule or maybe telling you "for reporting issues speak to the support". which in turn wont reply to you or give you automated useless responses.

  • Reporting in this game is like a full time job where you don't even know if youre gonna get paid or not. It's worthless.

  • @Marigoria said:

    Reporting in this game is like a full time job where you don't even know if youre gonna get paid or not. It's worthless.

    The last time I reported was during Asylum exploit. They unbanned everyone with soft ban creation.

  • in game report isn't a must, it's just makes it easier to track the cheater and ban them

    also dont attach videos to your tickets, upload them to youtube and attach a link to the youtube video in the ticket

    and these reports do work, they are not useless like many others say

    but i agree they have to make it easier to report, i sometimes forget to get the cheater's steamid which renders my obs recording worthless which is pretty annoying and reporting on consoles seems pretty tedious to do

    79f73aaec4610c7fabcde98307d386aa.png 62ec191d8bf778211fd102a985dbebbe.png