The Issues of DbD and How To Fix Them.

I won't waste your time xD, if I end up spelling something wrong just know it's because I'm half asleep and fighting to keep my eyes open lol.


Extreme Tunneling when it is unnecessary:

Honestly if someone wants to be a butt, nothing will change that. So maybe a penalty could help with something like this? Maybe like, lose -70 bps for extreme tunneling a survivor? Idk, I don't think punishing people for playing how they want is a good idea.

Optimization: Honestly, at this point, just add a performance mode. I would be perfectly fine with having Nintendo Switch graphics if it meant I could actually run 60 fps.

99ing Gates: This take might be controversial, but gates should regress and stop at around 75%. I would like if It could atleast be tested, because IMHO, 99ed gates are uncounterable in endgame and need to be nerfed.

Mediocre maps/ map offerings. Map Offering just need to be removed. You should not be able to equip something like BL and use a map Offering to get guaranteed value out of it.

Not to mention how maps like Swamp, Eyrie are unfun to play on for both sides.

To combat this, I propose a less RNG based tile system, composing bigger maps as having more spread tiles. That way, having a bigger map makes the game a little more killer sided, which is good.


Well that's it for now ( I have to sleep xD )

Comments

  • @_AdamFrancis_ said:

    I won't waste your time xD, if I end up spelling something wrong just know it's because I'm half asleep and fighting to keep my eyes open lol.

    Extreme Tunneling when it is unnecessary:

    Honestly if someone wants to be a butt, nothing will change that. So maybe a penalty could help with something like this? Maybe like, lose -70 bps for extreme tunneling a survivor? Idk, I don't think punishing people for playing how they want is a good idea.

    Optimization: Honestly, at this point, just add a performance mode. I would be perfectly fine with having Nintendo Switch graphics if it meant I could actually run 60 fps.

    99ing Gates: This take might be controversial, but gates should regress and stop at around 75%. I would like if It could atleast be tested, because IMHO, 99ed gates are uncounterable in endgame and need to be nerfed.

    Mediocre maps/ map offerings. Map Offering just need to be removed. You should not be able to equip something like BL and use a map Offering to get guaranteed value out of it.

    Not to mention how maps like Swamp, Eyrie are unfun to play on for both sides.

    To combat this, I propose a less RNG based tile system, composing bigger maps as having more spread tiles. That way, having a bigger map makes the game a little more killer sided, which is good.

    Well that's it for now ( I have to sleep xD )

    Hmm.

    Yes, tunneling is annoying, but unless it's straight up tunneling off hook (see: camping) then it's not the killer's responsibility to spread out the damage, it's the responsibility of your team to defend you and your own responsibility to be extra careful.

    Optimization...eh. Console: yes. PC: it's not amazing, but I can get a silky smooth 60fps at 4k, on my elderly 1080ti if I tweak a few settings down.

    Gates - yes, the endgame should matter more for survivors, but 99ing the gates is a non-issue. Gates should just take longer to open, and sitting in the exit gate area should be dangerous for survivors.

    Map offerings - yes. Absolutely. But it's not so much the offerings that are the problem - it's more that they illuminate how ridiculously one sided some maps are.

    Eyrie and Swamp are great maps when I'm on survivor. Both are insanely safe maps with ridiculously busted main structures. But the elephant in the room is (and likely will be going forward) the Badham maps, which are pretty close to old Haddonfield in terms of being ridiculous for the killer, Cowshed and The Game.