Can someone explain how pallet vaults work?

Idk I feel pallet vaults are very weird. Most of the time I vault a pallet the killer still manages to hit me. Even when I'm mostly past the middle. I have even seen video from the killers perspective and they still get the hit when the Survivor is fully over it. Vaulting over pallets just seem like a coin flip

Comments

  • I'm assuming you're a little laggy if killers are getting hits after the survivor is finished vaulting

    But here's my guess anyhow: When vaulting a pallet, you have a lingering hitbox that stays on the side of the pallet that you vaulted from (this is why you can hit a survivor vaulting from a drop down window while they are mid-air). So you're not hitting the actual survivor, just a leftover phantasm.

  • @BenOfMilam said:

    I'm assuming you're a little laggy if killers are getting hits after the survivor is finished vaulting

    But here's my guess anyhow: When vaulting a pallet, you have a lingering hitbox that stays on the side of the pallet that you vaulted from (this is why you can hit a survivor vaulting from a drop down window while they are mid-air). So you're not hitting the actual survivor, just a leftover phantasm.

    That would make sense