Onryo vs Artist

This last weekend I picked up two new killers which for me is very rare. I switch between clown, legion, doctor and plague. Be advised this is going to be a long post.

The first killer I purchased was Artist from the belief that pentimento is a slept on and wanting to try out pain resonance before it gets gutted and see what all the fuss is.

The highest tier killer I play is plague and the artist absolutely blows her out of the water. Looping? Artist doesn't really have to deal with it. Set bird, hit survivor. If they leave the loop you swarm them in transit and hit them before the swarm dissipates. I watch a great many DBD vids and always wondered why people don't run the add-ons that make the crows take longer to repel and the crow replenishment addons. These addons make the gap between repelling and shooting another crow much more forgiving. The bloodweb gave me Brutal and Pop on her, so the end build was penti, pain resonance, brutal and pop. It felt like survs literally could not do gens between pain resonance, Pop and being swarmed. The only time in this game I've felt oppressive. I played maybe eight games with her and dropped her because her power feels simple and unengaging. Standout game was survs sending me to Gideon and just ignoring every safe pallet with birds. Had an ace crouch on one side to avoid birds while I circled to the other. He did that cute thing where survivors dead hard into the pallet to use iframes and dodge attacks. Anticipated it and got him anyway. Braindead. Probably never play her again.


Onto the onryo. I am attracted to very low tier killers because people don't verse them often and I like trying to lend variety to the game. Onryo is one of these. Everything everyone complains about her is accurate. Teleport in survivor's control, easy to loop, condemned may as well not exist. Games as her, unlike the artist have been an absolute struggle from the very first one. Actually mind gaming with manifest and being outplayed by an E is incredibly depressing. The game was kind enough to give me Tinkerer, pain resonance, call of brine, sloppy on her and I'll be honest: those perks carry me hard. I don't think I could win a game as her without them vs. competent survivors. She's fun though and I played a lot more games as her than artist and I will keep playing her. Standout game? Coldwind vs. a ttv stack. I was stressed out of my mind with tinkerer popping over and over on my Brine gens. Two hooked everyone and let the last surv out, as is tradition during events. Watched the stream later to see if it was stressful to them and this lady is calling me a rat over and over and making fun of me for leaving strong loops. I intentionally go after unhookers and never hit someone with BT or ate a DS that game so I dunno her problem. Informative though: chill game from her perspective, out of my mind with stress on the other end. Still experimenting with her add-ons. I was using the invis and flicker duration addons to try and mindgame with manifest but honestly it's just not worth the effort with dead hard. The add-on that gives oblivious to survivors near televisions seems to encourage them to interact with them which is odd considering that she has a lullaby. To give you an idea of how utterly pointless condemned is, I had survivors intentionally getting condemned while in a chase with another survivor as a distraction tactic. If I leave chase and hit them they simply use the speed boost to run to their TV, insert the tape and they're fine. I think the potentially lethal nature of condemned hamstrings the killer entirely.

Comments