Question about Oni

Is the better play to-

~Hit one survivor, milk them for Blood Orbs, then find other survivors and down them with Blood Fury

~Hit multiple survivors to get blood from them all, then use Blood Fury

Comments

  • He gets a big chunk of power for hitting healthy survivors, who will then continually drop blood orbs. So I’d say get multiple injuries early if you can, like most regular killer gameplay.

  • Knowing when to use your power and when to let them bleed is part of what makes a good Oni because it depends on a great number of things. Do they have boons? Medkits? If so you have to commit or they heal up. Hitting multiple survivors is the best way to get your power and sometimes it's worth using your power on an injured person to down the quickly for pressure or sometimes just hold on to it. There is no end all be all you just have to judge the situation as they come. I will say if you can get two quick hits on multiple survivors that is the play over milking one injured person though, when able.

  • @DoritoHead said:

    Is the better play to-

    ~Hit one survivor, milk them for Blood Orbs, then find other survivors and down them with Blood Fury

    ~Hit multiple survivors to get blood from them all, then use Blood Fury

    As a rule of thumb, don't get fancy to start. If you see a chase, take it. Blood will come as a natural part of hitting and chasing survivors.

    I find that when I try to get fancy and injure multiple people for the blood, then I might as well not transform as they are already injured and I'd have been better off hooking.

    I generally hit, chase and hook. By the end of the chase, I can transform and go after someone else.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Man, so many Oni posts on the day that I was going to throw together an Oni controller thread, but then scrapped it halfway through.

    It’s just an Oni kind of day

  • @emetSdidnothingwrong said:

    Knowing when to use your power and when to let them bleed is part of what makes a good Oni because it depends on a great number of things. Do they have boons? Medkits? If so you have to commit or they heal up. Hitting multiple survivors is the best way to get your power and sometimes it's worth using your power on an injured person to down the quickly for pressure or sometimes just hold on to it. There is no end all be all you just have to judge the situation as they come. I will say if you can get two quick hits on multiple survivors that is the play over milking one injured person though, when able.

    This was very helpful, thanks!