PC - Audio bugged out on killer: Could only hear killer's breathing and groans and chase music

I've had two games back to back where the audio of the game while playing killer. I've played six matches tonight, and I've noted them all down below.

To describe the issue more precisely, in the game, I can only hear the killer's breathing, stun groans, movement sounds (like Trapper's rubber-y overalls making noise), and chase music.

Everything else is either (seemingly) muted or heard as just an echo. During the matches, if I downed and hooked survivors, their screams would sound like a distant echo.

The order of matches was:

  1. Nightmare - Dead Dawg Saloon (Audio was fine)
  2. Nemesis - Coal Tower (Audio was fine)
  3. Deathslinger - Crotus Prenn Asylum (Audio was fine)
  4. Cenobite - Wrecker’s Yard (Audio was fine)
  5. Clown - Lampkin Lane (Audio bugged as described above)
  6. Trapper - Suffocation Pit (Audio bugged as described above)

Restarting my game seems to fix it, but that's not an option when you're in the middle of a match.

This happened on the steam version specifically.

Tagged: Pending

Comments