after playing killer a few matches...
i completely agree now, it took a while but yeah, remove dead hard. remove cheeseball perks. survivors are way too toxic, flashlight macros. bming in end game chat. actual massive toxicity. just remove this ######### out already. they dont deserve it.
Comments
I'd say that survivors are, on average - even taking the 4 to 1 radio into consideration - more toxic than killers.
However, there are absolutely some nasty killers out there.
Flashlight macros...I still have no idea why these are still a thing, as noxious stimulation+strobing is a good way to mess with photosensitive players.
The devs do seem to be looking into some sort of player rating/endorsement system, which should help out.
I'll occasionally get a salty killer, or have the 'GGEZ NUB UNINSTALL' from a facecamping Insidious Bubba, but usually it's the former.
Survivors...oh man.
cool, now do it for another 2000 hours.
LOL I just ignore all the stuff in the game tbh and just go for my points
######### that. Remove SWF. They’re the ones ######### up the game. Player count is going down any way, so ######### it. I think the game can bounce back after taking a dive. Killers will be MUCH happier and solo Que players don’t have to be worried about being used as bait/a pawn for 3 man SWF’s. It’s the SWF’s who abuse the hell out of DH.
Nah.
People want to play with their friends - and they'll always find a way. Before SWF it was done via lobby shopping.
The major issue is that SWF is treated by the matchmaker as if it were 4 solos queued together, when it should - like most games - artificially inflate their MMR so they get matched against a better opponent, to offset the benefits that SWF provides.
in before the "but me and my friends play SWF with comms and we just casuals, SWF doesn't give us any advantage"
How to deal with Toxic survivors/killers in the end game chat.
-Close end game chat
-in your Private setting in Steam, look for "Can post comments on my profile" then set that to Private.
best option is to quickly press the button to go to the next game and let hem argue among themselves as it's a waste of time.
As for other toxic behavir, I would ignore it as a whole, in my opinion.
I just do not run into a toxic killer one out of every 4 games, that is the truth. I have seen toxic killers plenty, but it genuinely is not at the same ratio as the survivors I have experienced. Not that it matters, per se. But I see a lot of people claiming it is "just" because there are 4 survivors in the lobby, or that killers have more "potential" to be toxic as they can take away your ability to play.
This is not even an us versus them. I have to deal with toxic survivors regardless of my role.
That being said, in regard to the OP, I do not feel that taking away their tools will stop them. Call me a biased Leatherface main, but it just doesn't change anything, they will find a way.
Yup, there are times where you could still have nice interaction in the post chat, depend how the games goes. There was one game where I got bullied hella hard. But I did noticed that no one was doing gens but they were trying to falshlight save on numerous occasion. This went on for about 15 to 20 minutes. Sure, I would just DC but the fact that they weren't doing gens for that long? I kept it up. At the end, I looked around, they were noding at me, and I nodded them back. I laugh and said, "######### it, pick him up LMAO." We ended doing a slug race. Sadly they were console players so no conversation happened.
The point is, it honeslty depend on how the match goes, in my opinion.
When it comes to deadhard: i hope they nerf it good. Not just something like an increased exhaustion timer.
SWF should get a higher MMR Rating and reward the Killer more BP at the end of a Match. No indicator at the beginning though as that would lead to Lobby dodging.
Buffing SoloQ would also be a great help in closing the gap between SWF and SoloQ. One idea is a Basekit Kindred without the Aura Reading on the Killer and some indicators on what a Survivor is currently doing.
Things like a Macro should be looked at by giving it a Cooldown that doesn't last too long though.
Maybe they can Overhaul the whole Escape Gate thing. In wich you can't just stand there and BM the Killer without the Killer having a chance to get you. That could mess with some Playstyles though so ... Maybe thats a stupid idea.
Thats all i can say about the topic right now. I will have to add that there are surely some things they need to change for Killer aswell. But that is not the topic right now so no suggestions on that.
I agree, survivors being able to play with friends is so overpowered and forcing people to endure the hell that is solo queue is completely and totally the way to go! Everyone loves a game where you literally have the disability to play with friends!
also give Bubba an assault rifle