I think I hit my limit with MMR (RANT)
Right now I'd say my escape rate is about 1/8 chances.
Too many games where I'm looping killer for extended periods of time and the moment they leave chase to look for another survivor they are downed immediately. It just rips your soul every time you see someone get injured and only about 10-15 seconds later are downed. Another scenario that keeps coming up is BOONS. It's such a double edge sword especially in solo Q, there are some players that would rather have a boon up than do gens. I had three games this morning where we're stuck at 3 or 4 gens because every time a boon gets snuffed another spawns & I honestly don't get how most survivors don't last a bare minimum of at least a minute and thirty seconds especially with map layouts and how easy it is to chain and abuse strong loops. And every time we do get the exit gates or close to opening, I'll get hit with NOED or just get left on hook while the teammates who did nothing but gens, escape. MMR is a bunch of baloney especially when it's heavily dictated to how your teammates play.
I'm not asking for god squads just teammates who aren't throwing the game by going down so fast, I literally walked to the killer my past five games and let them kill me so I can just hop into the next game because what's the point when there's 2 survivors left with still 4 or 5 gens up. I'm just hopping for better matchmaking at this point. They seriously need to do something about this because you can't promote and have an MMR system that doesn't calculate personal skill. Only in this game is where your skill is also dependent on other players and it's frustrating.
And every time I do get a good squad I'm always willing to be the one to go down by hook trading even if it's my last strike because well I don't get these squads often and when I do I just sacrifice myself for whoever gets hooked or left during end game. I know that sometimes you should just leave but that's so boring and one of the best thrills in this game is unhooking the survivor and making a run for the exit gates. I remember before MMR hit, it was always a mission to get whoever is left out of the match alive but now everyone just leaves??? Who cares if teammate is hooked??? As long as my MMR goes up that's fine??? This game is more fun when it's an actual team cooperating and not just 4 solo's trying to escape.
I honestly gave this system a fair amount of time to see if I'm getting matched with better games but I'm just not. I don't care if I live or die at the end I just want the middle part of the game to be good and not a chore and have to pick up others slack while they get to benefit off all the work I do.
On a side note: I love my newbie players and the goofy teammates but to just lose about 80-90% of my games just gets annoying to a certain point. I'm not even asking to win my games just a CHANCE to win them.
Thank you for reading my rant but I'm just so blown away right now as I can't get a fair or decent match the past two weeks, is anyone else having this frustration?
Comments
I definitely understand the frustration. SBMM/MMR is intensely frustrating as a solo survivor if you're a skilled player. It does a terrible job of matching you accordingly. A balanced outcome =/= a fun or balanced match, and I wish the devs would realize this. Just because you have a balanced match numbers-wise doesn't mean it's going to be fun or even feel playable for the higher MMR players in that lobby.
I often have a similar experience as OP on survivor. I get matched against a killer who genuinely can't down me, and then they cycle off of me and my teammates die instantly as if they've just loaded up DbD for the first time. I die so often to killers who aren't anywhere near my skill level and there's genuinely nothing I can do to change the outcome of the match. I can't force the killer to chase only me. I can't force my teammates to do the single objective there is in DbD (gens). This isn't Overwatch, Valorant, etc., where a smurf can carry an entire team.
"Variety" of teammates isn't fun. It makes the experience miserable.
It sucks that their planting their foot on this system too.. it honestly feels the same as before getting random matches with unbalanced matchmaking. I think the old way was better when it calculated what you did in game, all BHVR had to do was uncap how much points you could rack up because the time you hit max points it's like what's the point of doing more gens or going for more saves/ body blocks if I can't get more points or pip right? All they had to do was fix and work this system and it'd be better then what we have now. Now it's a hidden skill number because why??? Makes literal no sense and it'd be probably further proof and would expose the system if people could actually see their MMR. It just feels so shady and not transparent to your players and having Patrick explain to us what skill is on top of all this...
It does work when it tries to form a tight match. But it creates a large issue when it accepts a 350 MMR range, and realistically a larger range when it pulls survivors who are above the soft cap.
The games so often become a killer IQ test rather than a skill test between both sides. You have two good players and two relatively terrible ones. If the killer is smart enough to focus the bad players down, they win. It's not a fun match.