I feel like new Prestige system might be automatic and that's a good thing.

With the upcoming changes to Prestige I've had a feeling that new Prestige will be done automatically based your completed Bloodwebs.

50 Levels? Automatic Prestige 1. Somehow 300 Levels? Automatic Prestige 6.

And considering new Prestige will let you keep inventory, I feel like that would be great for players who didn't Prestige but still dedicated Bloodpoints to their characters. Of course it might be a bit forced but I think it's gonna equally fine for players who didn't Prestige or got through 420 Bloodwebs on Prestige 3.

The disadvantage it brings is, it could start some d-measuring contests between players who may have roughly same hours as you.

However, the advantage is that console players, who normally cannot check their houes in-game, would be able to have a pretty rough guess how many hours they have based on someone else's Prestiges.


I feel like it's possibly the best way to transition between systems and make it so group of players won't feel left out because of the changes.


You may argue this post could fit feedback but I think wider community on Forum deserves to maybe think about this and provide themselves more feedback about this "Detective's" Hunch (Hehe) I have about new Prestige system.

Cheers!

Comments

  • I’d say it’s still a choice but now that it has no drawbacks I see no point in avoiding it

  • I can't wait to see the "my killer is prestige 1 and I was matched against prestige 10 survivors" complaints. 😂

    I think the majority of changes to prestige are good. I think showing off what prestige you are us unnecessary but I know there are players who want to show off something since grade levels were hidden. I would rather end game screen show something useful like survivor portraits not some meaningless info like grade or prestige levels.