Importance of music and atmosphere

The current state of music in dbd

This game is 6 years old, it's crazy! but now I'll cut to the chase with possibly an unpopular opinion. I don't really like the silence that occurs when nothing is happening as a survivor. Now the other day I had a funny little idea, I looked on youtube and found the soundtrack to little nightmares 2, and I just played it over my survivor game, immediately the atmosphere felt a billion times scarier.

How could this be officially implemented?

Now obviously I'm not saying "Hire the little nightmares music team and get them to make a soundtrack!" what I think could be cool is for each killer, they could have their individual silent atmosphere, it's tranquil but very immersive, just a something to raise the stakes before the killer actually gets near, kind of like how it's done on Friday the 13th the game, (again all examples not direct comparisons). that ever so often iconic nasty violin chord you hear so often in all of horror is enough to make everyone get on the edge of their seats and wonder about the next possible events to take place. I know I speak a lot about the music, but seeing the work on other amazing asymmetrical games, I think it'd be an amazing improvement to how scary this game is, especially since in recent years it's clearly lost its ability to scare survivors

This is obviously for discussions, not directly asking developers to add this, I'm just asking to see what the community thinks about it, let me know <33

Comments