I main Trapper and only play basement.
Let me clarify, I only do basement builds. I'm not interested in engaging in the long chase and hooking at random hooks. This to me is a pointless endeavor given how survivor sided the game is. I can randomly trap windows, pathways and even pallets but why? That takes time and can be countered at any point. There's no guarentee one will fall for my trap. The basement on the other hand is my playground. I engage in a chase, down the survivor and hopefully get them to basement. When this happens it's fun time, Trap it up, patrol but stay close by and wait for the inevitable save attempt and go from there. I don't carry gen slow-down perks because there useless. My aim is to get the survivor to the basement and defend my bounty while simultaneously securing more. On average i net me a 3k each game from doing this and it's fun. They come to YOU!, whether during gen repairing or after all gens are done.
NOED, Agitation, Iron grasp and STBFL is to die for.
Comments
Basement trapper is effective sure, but refusing to do anything else is beyond lazy.
There's a whole spectrum of strategies between "camping the basement" and "randomly trapping the entire map".
For starters, pick a 3 gen and defend it.