I just had the best Trial

The setting: The Game

The combatants: 2 very good steve players, 1 astounding Nea (Rusty something.... dunno the full name but respect her fully), and a DC'er no one cares about Vs. The Doctor (Me) with a Mean build!

The Outcome: As things go, the Dc'er, well, DC'd at 5 gens, so I thought this was gonna be an easy game, and if you agree with that sentiment, you have no idea how wrong I was! The remaining 2 Steve players were stellar with their looping, and well timed pallet dropping, and the Nea (Rusty) was on a WHOLE different level! She was focused on the goal, took advantage of her team mates potential, and above all, NEVER left a man on the hook! I was flipping out over her sheer audacity, and by the time the game ended, there was 1 gen left, and only Nea (Rusty) survived by getting the hatch.

Now I know what you're thinking. I obviously didn't play right, well my friend I ended that match with 31k bp, and MAD respect for the MVP of that game. Honestly if the DC'er had just stuck around, I'd likely only get 1 kill that game tbh.

My Build for Doc was Nasty as hell, but also experimental, and I picked the map on purpose because i thought it was pretty broken otherwise, needless to say Nea (Rusty) told me it was nasty to go against in the after game chat, but still persevered to the point that she, and only 2 other teammates, came incredibly close to beating me! For that, they all have my respect, but Nea (Rusty) has my admiration as well.

If you want to know my Doctor Build it's: Calm Carters notes, Calm 2, Call Of Brine, Overcharge, Merciless Storm, Unnerving Presence. The objective of this build is to cause chaos among the survivors skill checks, give you an early warning of when a gen is close to being done, allow you to prevent its completion as well as reduce its progress by a significant amount if they aren't on it, or if they get on it in your TR/get a good skill check, and give you maximum TR coverage for your static blasts or for allowing Unnerving presence to do its job. Yeah... it's nasty, and up until now I thought it was unbeatable... but Nea (Rusty) proved me wrong!

For that I give them MAD Respect and hope they read this and respond, because THAT was the most fun I've had in this game in so long... I honestly can't remember a better match.

Comments

  • i had a similar game where one survivor dced at 5 gens.

    i slugged the other 3 and let them bleed out.

  • @Basement_Bubba420 said:

    i had a similar game where one survivor dced at 5 gens.

    i slugged the other 3 and let them bleed out.

    …why?

  • @TWiXT said:

    The setting: The Game

    The combatants: 2 very good steve players, 1 astounding Nea (Rusty something.... dunno the full name but respect her fully), and a DC'er no one cares about Vs. The Doctor (Me) with a Mean build!

    The Outcome: As things go, the Dc'er, well, DC'd at 5 gens, so I thought this was gonna be an easy game, and if you agree with that sentiment, you have no idea how wrong I was! The remaining 2 Steve players were stellar with their looping, and well timed pallet dropping, and the Nea (Rusty) was on a WHOLE different level! She was focused on the goal, took advantage of her team mates potential, and above all, NEVER left a man on the hook! I was flipping out over her sheer audacity, and by the time the game ended, there was 1 gen left, and only Nea (Rusty) survived by getting the hatch.

    Now I know what you're thinking. I obviously didn't play right, well my friend I ended that match with 31k bp, and MAD respect for the MVP of that game. Honestly if the DC'er had just stuck around, I'd likely only get 1 kill that game tbh.

    My Build for Doc was Nasty as hell, but also experimental, and I picked the map on purpose because i thought it was pretty broken otherwise, needless to say Nea (Rusty) told me it was nasty to go against in the after game chat, but still persevered to the point that she, and only 2 other teammates, came incredibly close to beating me! For that, they all have my respect, but Nea (Rusty) has my admiration as well.

    If you want to know my Doctor Build it's: Calm Carters notes, Calm 2, Call Of Brine, Overcharge, Merciless Storm, Unnerving Presence. The objective of this build is to cause chaos among the survivors skill checks, give you an early warning of when a gen is close to being done, allow you to prevent its completion as well as reduce its progress by a significant amount if they aren't on it, or if they get on it in your TR/get a good skill check, and give you maximum TR coverage for your static blasts or for allowing Unnerving presence to do its job. Yeah... it's nasty, and up until now I thought it was unbeatable... but Nea (Rusty) proved me wrong!

    For that I give them MAD Respect and hope they read this and respond, because THAT was the most fun I've had in this game in so long... I honestly can't remember a better match.

    Glad to hear you had a good match. I don't think your build is that mean. If you play on "The Game" with double Calm, I would recommend Distressing, Corrupt, DMS + (4th perk of your choice). You could also replace distressing with M&A for the Ninja Doc :3

  • I had a really fun game last night where all four survivors were using Distraction, Urban Evasion, Boon Shadowstep, and Flashbang. Three of them burned Dark Mist offerings (Purple) and one burned the Swamp Offering.

    I was doing a daily for Wraith, who I had just prestiged so literally all I had was Rank 1 Bloodhound and no addons.

    I still got them all, but just barely because they all got a bit too aggressive around one hook and no one was doing gens, but I was hooking the second to last of them when the last generator was done, and I chased the last of them off an exit gate before they could open it and was able to down him before he found the hatch.

    I was getting flashbanged all to hell but I loved it.

    They also got unlucky and got the really small Swamp Map with the big storehouse areas so I could zoom back and forth between locations in no time. Any other map, with them spread out a little more, and I wouldn't have stood a chance.

    Probably one of the most fun matches I've had in recent memory.

  • @Basement_Bubba420 said:

    i had a similar game where one survivor dced at 5 gens.

    i slugged the other 3 and let them bleed out.

    that.... that's not at all a similar experience. That's just mean, and didn't even earn you any extra BP or give them a chance to play. Sigh Do I have to break out my rulebook again? Because I will if you force me! Look, I believe you are free to play this game how you will and enjoy it, but you also have to consider everyone else's enjoyment too. Ruthlessly punishing 3 other survivors for 1's "asshatedness" (not really a word but feel it should be in this context) is just being an asshat yourself, even worse, you gain nothing from doing it, so the only conclusion is that you did it out of spite... we are NOT on the same page here.

    I had a Genuinely Good Game wherein the remaining survivors kept me on the ropes the whole match, and I respected them for it, Whereas you were just an asshat against all the remaining survivors because 1 survivor DC'd? BIG Difference between my experience and yours.

    If that's how you play, so be it, but More and More, it's comments like this that make me want to break out my unbiased rules for playing this game, which I hoped I'd never have to do again, but buddy... you are pushing it!

  • @Basement_Bubba420 said:

    i had a similar game where one survivor dced at 5 gens.

    i slugged the other 3 and let them bleed out.

    I laughed reading this.

  • @TWiXT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2939408#Comment_2939408

    that.... that's not at all a similar experience. That's just mean, and didn't even earn you any extra BP or give them a chance to play. Sigh Do I have to break out my rulebook again? Because I will if you force me! Look, I believe you are free to play this game how you will and enjoy it, but you also have to consider everyone else's enjoyment too. Ruthlessly punishing 3 other survivors for 1's "asshatedness" (not really a word but feel it should be in this context) is just being an asshat yourself, even worse, you gain nothing from doing it, so the only conclusion is that you did it out of spite... we are NOT on the same page here.

    I had a Genuinely Good Game wherein the remaining survivors kept me on the ropes the whole match, and I respected them for it, Whereas you were just an asshat against all the remaining survivors because 1 survivor DC'd? BIG Difference between my experience and yours.

    If that's how you play, so be it, but More and More, it's comments like this that make me want to break out my unbiased rules for playing this game, which I hoped I'd never have to do again, but buddy... you are pushing it!

    i play to win the game. not gonna risk a hatch when slippery meat, soul guard, unbreakable + ds, etc... exist. three slugs is easier to deny hatch to.

  • @Basement_Bubba420 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2939429#Comment_2939429

    i play to win the game. not gonna risk a hatch when slippery meat, soul guard, unbreakable + ds, etc... exist. three slugs is easier to deny hatch to.

    While I won't condemn your playstyle, I can't condone it either, here's a link to the rules I play by, and Surprise, your playstyle fits with it:

    @TWiXT said:

    Due to the new Resident Evil Chapter release, we have received an influx of new players, and so I must start this post by saying:

    Welcome to Dead by Daylight, and I hope you are all having fun so far (despite how rough this chapters release has been)!

    That being said, you're likely to see a whole lot of forum posts, and/or chat messages citing "Made up Rules" Killers and Survivors should follow. Most, if not all of these are based on individual experiences, and are heavily biased for what ever side (Killer or Survivor) the posting member primarily plays, so before you comment or "side" with anyone, here is a list of unbiased "rules" that I believe everyone can get behind as a foundation to enjoying your experience in DbD:

    1 - Play how you want to play and enjoy the game.

    2 - If you show no respect... don't expect any.

    3 - The Killers role is to kill, the Survivors is to survive... Both by any means necessary. This is the Hearts-blood Core reality of how this game is played! No matter how a killer or survivor(s) win the match, it's all part of the games design, and no one should waste any time or energy complaining about it as long as they've gained their victory using the legal mechanics, or tactics the game provides/allows them to achieve it!

    In other words ALL IS FAIR when it comes to playing the role you've chosen (unless cheating/hacking, but we'll get into that further down the list in rule 7). If there's anything you feel is unfair about either side:

    1. Reflect upon your own side and what tactics and builds you/your team are using to achieve your goal.
    2. Compare it to what your opponent(s) used to achieve theirs.
    3. If possible, strive to experience the other side FIRST before you post any complaints on the forums about your experience against your opposition.
    4. Ask yourself if there is something inherently broken in the games mechanics that needs to be addressed before you resort to posting your complaint (e.g. Encountering perks, items, add-ons, mechanics, or abilities that absolutely provide too much of an advantage to your opposition, and are un-counterable by anything you do. If there is a counter to these things, either discovered by yourself or researched, save your complaint and learn/employ said counter the next time you face it, if not... then by all means let the devs know by posting your complaint).

    Always remember, if your opponent won a match/trial while using the legal mechanics the game provides, it's not really their fault for taking advantage of it, is it? In other words, if you have a complaint you're just itching to express on the forums, you should first ensure that you're Legitimately Hating the game, not the player. As anything else will be seen as nothing more than a post filled with "banal whining" by the majority of the community.

    4 - When the gates are powered... Anything goes!

    Don't kid yourself by thinking otherwise! Neither side is gonna roll over and just "let you win" when this happens, and not only do both sides know this... Realistically at that point the only job the killer role has is to secure kills since there aren't any gens left for them to protect, and the only job the survivors have is to escape with as many alive as possible.

    So, No matter what tactics or skills you employ at this period in the match/trial... The gloves are off! Recall rule 3, and feel free to do whatever it takes to achieve your goal. No one can blame you for whatever you do in the endgame, and if they do, for the most part they're just being sore sports.

    Enjoy your victory, or embrace your defeat. Either way, "When the gates are powered" is, more often than not, the most intense part of the trial, and you should take whatever advantages you can against your opposition as they (mostly) won't show any mercy towards you.

    5 - You paid money for a multiplayer experience, and thus aren't entitled to win every match. Anyone who takes umbrage to this should stick to single-player games where-in you are entitled to eventually win for the money you paid. Being salty because of a lost match is unbecoming, embarrassingly juvenile, and toxic to the communities reputation. We're all people pitting our skills, strategies, builds and knowledge against each-other. If you lose and have nothing good to say in the post game chat or over the console chat system: Either Leave a "gg," or no message at all, and then calm down/lick your wounds, and move onto the next match. This is just a game after all.

    6 - For PC players: Post game chat can be closed using the ">>" in the lower right of the chat box, and will remain closed until you open it again. No one deserves abuse, so if you find yourself frustrated over excessive endgame chat toxicity: Feel Free to Report the most egregious offenders, or otherwise Just close it, and continue enjoying the game in peace.

    For Console Players: I understand that many other players can/will attempt to contact you via the consoles messaging service, and that this can't always be ignored or shut off. None the less, you do not deserve abuse, and if anyone is violating that via text or voice messages, then they are violating the policies the consoles communication service stands for! Feel free to let your consoles administrators know that your rights to enjoy this game are being infringed upon by other players, or otherwise, if possible, try to simply ignore the messages they send you, and continue playing at your leisure.

    7 - This is a 4v1 Lobby and Match style, or Asymmetrical Multiplayer game. When you queue up to play a match you are committing to seeing it through so that everyone can enjoy the game, and everyone else who queued up is depending on your commitment to the match in order to experience said enjoyment. The acceptable reasons for Intentionally Disconnecting from a match are as follows:

    A Game breaking bug rendering you incapable of playing a normal match.

    A Player(s) taking the game hostage/hacking/exploiting bugs or unintentional game mechanics, or bullying/griefing you. (Record if possible, and Report them after leaving the match.

    Influences and situations outside of the game that make your disconnection unavoidable in order to deal with said circumstance(s).

    Disconnecting from a match intentionally for any other reason is a practice in bad sportsmanship that Ruins the experience for all other players, Disconnecting over petty reasons doesn't do anything other than piss off everyone else, and makes you a worse player for it since you don't learn how to play any better by quitting. Disconnecting is currently being punished for a good reason: Too many DC's from too many players results in leaving the community as a whole with a sour experience, and could eventually kill the game we love. If you are frustrated with how a match is going; Take it in stride as a learning experience, see it through to the end, take a break if you need to, and decide if you want to queue up for another match. We all bought this game in order to play it with others despite how each match goes, and the majority of the fun this game offers is in the variation of each individual match.

    Don't be a petty DC'er.

    8 - For survivors: Rage Quitting via suicide on the hook is a unique option available to the survivor side of this game and is your choice, but If your suicide on the hook isn't advantageous to your team, as with rule 7, all it does is ruin the experience for the rest of your team, and piss everyone off. While it's not likely to ever be punished, it's still regarded by the community as a show of bad sportsmanship. If you don't at least try to play through until the end, regardless of the results, you are only hurting the experience for all other players both new and old, but it's with the new players where this hurts their game experience the most.

    Bad matches happen, we understand, but that's no reason "throw a game", especially over petty reasoning. Matches can turn around at the drop of a hat as long as everyone's still playing, and often do, but you won't experience that if you RQ on the hook, and by doing so you drastically affect the teams ability to pull off said "turn around". On top of this, it does nothing for your personal skill growth as a player, or your Blood Point/Experience gains, so there aren't really any reasons to do this other than petty/selfish ones.

    9 - Regarding "Toxic" behavior: Killers have a limited but impactful set of behaviors that are, by and large, considered "Toxic" by the community, but survivors have far more of these "Toxic" behaviors available to them. The reason for this is because... while killers can only be "Toxic" towards survivors, Survivors can be "Toxic" to either the killers or their fellow survivors.

    I'm certain many of you have either experienced these behaviors, or have seen them reported/complained about on the forums, and While a decent amount of them don't fit the "spirit" of the game... a surprising amount of them do!

    Please refer to this article:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/139-game-rules

    This outlines the basics of what is considered Reportable amounts of player Toxicity, but also defines what many consider to be "Toxic" behavior, as simply part of the game.

    That being said, there's still a lot of behaviors that, while not ban-able offenses, are ultimately considered "Toxic" by the community: Leaving a survivor to die on their first hook even though the killer isn't "Face-camping" them, Purposely "Sandbagging" another survivor so that they will get hit or downed by the killer, Face-camping in general, Slugging the Entire Survivor team until they bleed out, etc... While none of these behaviors are considered ban-able offenses, none of them are any fun for the victims, and They will let Behavior/the Devs know about it!

    I Urge all players to Recall Rule 2 when making these choices, and Have some common decency when you play! We're all players, and we all want to enjoy the game together, but when any Player(s) repetitively engage in these kinds of "Toxic Behavior" to the point that the community picks up on it, they have been known to outright Mercilessly attack/target these players, and with enough community pressure/collected evidence, some "toxic" players have been banned by the Devs due to enough community backlash over their antics (look up Ochido if you aren't convinced).

    There's only so much "Toxicity" this Community and the Devs CAN or WILL tolerate, as should be expected of any gaming community, so while it's "Okay" to have a little "Toxic" fun at others expenses from time to time, PLEASE, for your own sake... DON'T MAKE A HABIT OF IT!

    Consider yourselves Fairly Warned.

    10 - If it's a legal mechanic in the game, don't be afraid to use it...No matter what side you play. Half the fun is discovering new strategies, counters, and synergies using the tools the game provides, so no matter how effective or overpowered you feel they are, there's nothing wrong with using them to your advantage.

    11 - Take the good with the bad in stride, rise to meet the challenge every new match presents, but overall... 

    have fun!

    Honestly, this is just a list of Common Sense spelled out for everyone to see. The inherent problem of "unwritten" or "Made up rules" is that they're more of guidelines that nobody is obligated to follow. I know that this list won't change everyone's minds, much less their playstyles, but I felt that if I expressed the rules I follow when playing this game for all to see, maybe others might have them in mind when playing, whether they choose to use them or not.

    To all you new players, again Welcome to DbD, I hope this was helpful for you, and if you are going to follow any "Made up Rules", I believe this is a good set to start off with.

    Any Praise, condemnation, Creative Criticisms or suggested additions to this list of rules are welcome! Please comment if you have anything to add or say.

    I updated it when the RE chapter released, and continue to do so, but... while it is basically a summary of "all is fair as long as it's a legal mechanic in the game", I only disagree with your bitter stance of ruining other players fun, especially when you gain nothing from it. If you want to be a Dick, go ahead, but as with rule 9, just know that doing so constantly will only earn you ire from the community, and may eventually earn you a ban from the game. I get wanting to be toxic against those who are being toxic against you, but 2 wrongs don't make a right, no matter the reason. In my games example, everything was fair, and challenging me to my wits end, but in yours, you just come across as someone who wasn't enjoying the game, and just went out of your way to make sure the survivors didn't either, and that felt very petty to me.

    If you have the time, read my rules, maybe follow them or at least comment on them, and above all, try to be a better player others can respect, even if they don't show it.

  • @TWiXT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2940128#Comment_2940128

    While I won't condemn your playstyle, I can't condone it either, here's a link to the rules I play by, and Surprise, your playstyle fits with it:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/268523/for-the-new-players-a-list-of-unbiased-rules-everyone-should-follow

    I updated it when the RE chapter released, and continue to do so, but... while it is basically a summary of "all is fair as long as it's a legal mechanic in the game", I only disagree with your bitter stance of ruining other players fun, especially when you gain nothing from it. If you want to be a Dick, go ahead, but as with rule 9, just know that doing so constantly will only earn you ire from the community, and may eventually earn you a ban from the game. I get wanting to be toxic against those who are being toxic against you, but 2 wrongs don't make a right, no matter the reason. In my games example, everything was fair, and challenging me to my wits end, but in yours, you just come across as someone who wasn't enjoying the game, and just went out of your way to make sure the survivors didn't either, and that felt very petty to me.

    If you have the time, read my rules, maybe follow them or at least comment on them, and above all, try to be a better player others can respect, even if they don't show it.

    thank you for the rules. i have book marked them and will read them every morning after i wake up.

    oh i forgot to mention that i was tea bagged by bill after he dropped a pallet on my head. so not only was i trying to win i was roleplaying as well.

  • @Basement_Bubba420 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2940390#Comment_2940390

    thank you for the rules. i have book marked them and will read them every morning after i wake up.

    oh i forgot to mention that i was tea bagged by bill after he dropped a pallet on my head. so not only was i trying to win i was roleplaying as well.

    can't tell if you're mocking me or not... and also don't care either way. I've been playing this game since it came out, and "have seen things you people wouldn't believe". So when I came up with that list of rules,... I meant it and abide by it. As for a t-bagging bill after a stun, frustrating as they are, it's nothing to get worked up over, and allowing yourself to get angry over it is what they want anyways (its a form of disrespect/mindgame the survivors play with you) overcoming this is easy, as honestly they just wasted time t-bagging you instead of gaining distance, which for you is a mistake you should take advantage of every time it happens. Ultimately survivors like that are incredibly cocky, and also so entitled that they'll scream profanities at you in the endgame after you kill them, so instead of taking it personally, do what I do, and laugh at them!

    TBH I'm a sadist IRL, and its behavior and messages like that which really "get me off" as it shows how utterly pathetic they are and how badly I bruised their ego(s). Still though I appreciate when a good opponent is courteous and proves themselves against me. Like in my post.

  • @Bartlaus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/322307/i-just-had-the-best-trial

    Glad to hear you had a good match. I don't think your build is that mean. If you play on "The Game" with double Calm, I would recommend Distressing, Corrupt, DMS + (4th perk of your choice). You could also replace distressing with M&A for the Ninja Doc :3

    Fun fact, Ninja Doc is one of my favorite builds, as it's the exact opposite of what survivors expect against a Doc player. TBH, Doc has a lot more build potential and versatility than most realize due to his add-on + perk synergies. For that reason, I love the Doc over all of the current killer roster, and am willing to defend that "prognosis" if you will. He can be Loud n' Proud or stealthy, he can acquire hits on you when you least expect them, he can make pallets almost useless, can know everywhere you are even before you know where he's coming from, and that's only 6 of the potential builds I can come up with based upon his current add-on's and how they synergize with perks.

    With a killer this versatile, Is it any question as to why I favor him over the others? Hell even back in the day when he was initially released, (when the devs publicly claimed that he "might break the game") I realized this potential, but imo he had even better synergies at the time (debatable atm, honestly, his most recent buffs and new perk synergies are making him either better or worse... depending).

    TBH, Doc isn't a top tier killer for the average crowd, but for those "in the know", of which there are admittedly very few, he has the potential to REALLY throw survivors off their game, and gain all the advantages. I'm honestly surprised more people don't play him.