The Situation of the Gameplay Loop is Difficult

Right now, we are kinda caught in a loop with MMR and everything:

1) Gens pop too fast and the killer is punished too hard for making a mistake in chase. Against a very coordinated team, unless you're Nurse or speedy killer, you can't dish out pressure evenly. In some situations you could play perfectly and still only squeeze out a 1k, maybe a 2k if you tunnel and camp.

2) Tunneling and Camping are the strategies to employ right now. Just yesterday I had a match as Demogorgan going wrong. I facecamped the Meg and when they came to the rescue, and I managed to grab and drop two of them, then killed the last one. A nearly 0k turned into a 4k all because I facecamped. And I should NOT have been rewarded for that scummy play. Same with tunneling; right now, my matches are at the point where I can only get a 2k if I tunnel aggressively.

3) Map Design. There's a ton of maps that require the killer to break several walls in order to make a tile playable. Not to mention some tiles just looping into the next one. Not even mentioning that pallets in some of these maps are in such abundance, and not a "precious resource to be saved".

Map design could be fixed on its own, and they are to a degree with the map reworks. But, in terms of the first two? If you 'fix' one of those issues, and not fix the other, then it can become a disaster. Make gens too slow and not address tunneling and camping, you make the survivor experience miserable. Remove tunneling and camping without addressing gens and killer punishment, the killer becomes miserable.

The only way I could see the Devs fixing this loop, is by addressing both of these at the same time. Which is no easy feat. Need to introduce new mechanics, test them, make sure they work properly, PTB it, implement it, and that's assuming it even solves the issue in its entirety or doesn't make new ones.

Comments