Applauding the MMR findings
Good morning!
I just finished reading through the MMR findings and I think the conclusions are pretty reasonable! Thank you very much for sharing what was adjusted and what you found with us. I found it particularly amusing to go back through and compare my day-to-day experiences with the results to see how well I predicted what was happening - the grade-based matchmaking being the most obvious and dramatic change (and I'll admit - not for me. I was getting pretty bored and guilt-ridden with those matches)
Just based on my personal experience, I think keeping bidirectional matching in the model would have been the one extra thing I'd have liked to see make it through the tests, as my best days included it - but keeping grades disabled is also something I'm super happy to see. I'm excited to get back into the matches after all of this, and I think I'm also overall more confident in the ability of this matchmaking model to pair me up fairly with my peers!
The roadmap also looks promising for the future of the model - when I do play survivor, I'm pretty quick to throw myself away to let the rest escape, and while I hold my survivor MMR in no high regard, it would feel better to know the system accounts for it. Looking forward to what's ahead!
Comments