Is it me or...
If the MMR is removed, it would be no reason not to use meta perks as survivor. Since the chance vs camping/tunneling killer will always be the same either I escape or die. That would make survivors play meta perks more?
At least I know my reward not playing meta perks is not vs camping/tunneling killers with MMR.
This is not a complain of removing MMR. I just wondering.
Comments
People generally run perks they think work well. Despite all the gripes on the forums about MMR few players change their loadouts all that much from the ones they enjoy. Dead Hard works really well so people will use it no matter who they’re matched against for example.
I mean really all you need is either BT or DS. BT if you think your teammates are gonna get camped, DS if you find yourself being camped. The other 3 perks you can use whatever.
I used to go into every game with BT/DS/DH/Iron will and eventually found it didn't matter in the slightest if my team was playing very poorly anyways. They only get you so far, and leave you without any sort of backup plan if your teammates are getting killed off at 5 gens left, DC, suicide, etc etc.
Eventually I moved to being a left behind key / wake up gamer. Those perks it's not utterly hopeless when someone DCs on their first down at 5 gens, which honestly bothers me much more than someone getting tunneled out early.
If MMR was removed and we went back to ranks, it would just be ranks again. Veterans would have easier games, everyone else would have harder games and nobody would be playing 'nicer'.
And yeah, DCs and suicides are the frigging worst. Whether I'm playing survivor or killer, it's a krangled game. At least if someone is getting tunneled I can go and try to bodyblock.
How can I know killer will camp the next match to bring BT? or tunnel to bring DS?
These are my perk builds that mainly focus on 1 aspect. Most are really fun if I have a chance to use, unless sitting on hook for 2min or tunneled out of game in 2min.
Many use BT DS DH to win game, but many use BT DS DH just because they want they're able to play the game.