Huge fps freezing and lag problems while playing survivor but 0 problems with killer?

This is weird I played a lot of killer games but it's always butter smooth no lag or freezing at all but as soon as I switch to playing survivor it's unplayable for me that the game freezes 1 to 2 seconds randomly often in certain situations too :

-When I'm working on a gen I end up missing skill checks because of it alerting killers.

-Often when a gen is done the game freezes

-When running away from a killer or trying to drop a pallet or in chase my game freezes and I teleport like 1 meter or something or while I'm frozen that second or 2 I'm already downed by killers so I just can't play chases

-When killers approach especially when killer abilities are triggered usually the artist matches are the worst whenever she uses her ability freezes happen , nurse too and many mother killer abilities

-When someone is hooked or unhooked

-Other moments I'm not sure what's the reason

Keep in mind my pc is good plays modern games with no issues and I have no lag or freezes when I play killer at all like 0 issues so why playing survivor is this problematic for me? I did some googling without any explanations but I noticed a lot of people complain about the same issue ?

Comments

  • I get freezes in both roles, most of the time in my first game of the session. Usually when a gen is done or a killer's ability is used near (or by) me in the first match.

  • I have The COMPLETE OPPOSITE, I can play survivor fine. No freezing , no lag. But when I play killer ever since the ringu chapter my game freezes litterly every five-15 seconds. I haven't been able to play killer recently.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    I have The COMPLETE OPPOSITE, I can play survivor fine. No freezing , no lag. But when I play killer ever since the ringu chapter my game freezes litterly every five-15 seconds. I haven't been able to play killer recently.

    This is really weird so my theory that survivor field of view might be the problem is wrong like no killer gives me freezes but survivor is unplayable

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Yeah performance can be super iffy. If you're on PC and have a Nvidia video card, I've found that disabling "Low Latency Mode" in the control panel improves my performance in DBD and I get less stuttering.

    I'm using Nvidia GPU too :/

  • The game doesn't have more graphic options so you can look for which one causes these issues you can only choose a preset either HIGH MEDIUM or LOW