Environmental effects?
I propose to include environmental elements in the game mechanics. I'm not referring to heavy news, which require a robust rethinking of entire game maps, but to small gems that embellish the setting, placing tactical challenges, such as, for example:
1) in the open maps:
1A) rain (weak or beating, with or without lightnings and thunders);
1B) snowfall / hailstorm (not snow or ice on the ground, which I think will be the main theme of the new map coming for Christmas 2018, but flaky snowflakes or minute ice fragments that reduce visibility over long distances);
1C) wind (especially in the Coldwind realm);
2) in the closed maps:
2A) lifts (in future maps, which I trust will be developed on several levels);
2B) short blackouts (localized or general);
2C) random sparks of machinery and ruin of plaster from crumbling walls (I think of the Game and Crotus Prenn as ideal places).
Of course, new offerings related to these effects could be created, to give players a little power over the environment (like the Reagents about the Dark Mist).
Comments
This please!
Honestly the extra environmental factors could add SO much in terms of dynamic game play and immersion.
I'd love some heavy rainfall/wind or snow/blizzard that can actually impact the killers/survivors vision or hearing. Heck there should be a lot of heavy fog as well at base.
If we actually had a lot more sound/vision breakers that could even allow some of the pallets to be reduced since it could give survivors more chances at actually making jukes and losing the killers mid chase.
Not having this stuff is definitely a missed opportunity.
It would be neat. It's certainly possible, as we've seen in the Red Forest, although performance is always a concern. Too much flashy stuff going on at once is likely going to cause performance issues on lower end systems. Animating all the corn in a map so it reacts to the wind, for example, might be a little much.
I do think it could add a bit of variety to the game though. A change of scenery can be refreshing.
Client side wouldn't help tbh, and considering how small everything is, forcing a render distance will make the game REALLY ugly and unfun, imagine a nurse coming from out of the render distance and trying to catch a survivor, she would never see them, and they would never see her, same goes for hillbilly.
But anything that makes performance worse is a no go for me.
@redsopine01 Blood rain?
@redsopine01 I accept both natural and supernatural environmental effects willingly. XD