Ghost Face: Death of Most Crouch Mindgames

So for pretty much everyone who has come into these discussions you would know the purple sheath has been reworked. The reason for the title of this discussion is because with this addon changed, unless the stats of ghost face's default crouch speed (90% base) has increased with the current other two addons of the green (6%) and the yellow (9%) you can now no longer go faster or even match a survivor in speed (99% with the G+Y and 104% with the P+G.


Now I know you might be asking me, Why does this matter? Well for Ghost face he has one factor that many Ghost Face player appreciate over other M1 killers which is he can hide himself for so many loops normal M1 killers can't. These loops include the Shelving Rack loops in the Game (see through the middle), Hay bale loops in coldwind (see over top of bales), medium/tallish height rocks on Sheltered woods (top), those loops with the firewood walls in Red Forest (top) and many more.


Why does this speed matter and can't you just do this anyways? You can indeed still do these mindgames without the crouch but almost all the loops you need to do it are usually long enough that any speed loss is a huge detriment in distance on a wrong read. Any % slower than a survivor and that is that nick of a distance where they get to slam a pallet in your face or make a window that you didn't expect. Speed is a necessity otherwise this trick is a waste of time to even attempt because you might as well have just moonwalked normally since you are already punishing yourself heavily by dropping from 115% -> 104% to even do this crouch trick to begin with let alone 115%->99%.


But the Ghost Face Marked me and/or they are in their power anyways in this they don't need to moonwalk!

IDK what to say for this myself (and where I'd like to hear other people discuss about) because I play ghost face in a particular way where I like to be able to control the conditioning of the suvivor via the red light. I know many GF mains who would love to just instantly pop the power so it just becomes a guessing game for a survivor (which technically my method is as well). Usually when I mark people I usually just 99 people and bop them there or get myself on cooldown immediately because I save my power for just normal uses of the power (usually just 115% walking).

But if I were take a shot on this, I'd say this: If the ghost face is still committing to a crouch regardless of status, they have given up some of their speed. Many survivors don't know (or at least it doesn't feel like it) that a crouched ghost face is a lot slower and depending on the scenario if you know they are going for a weird go around play you can just leave the loop (if another tile is close enough) or it becomes an interesting coin flip scenario of what side is ghosty coming from since you have time to react if you know what side they are possibly approaching. I personally feel like this is just an element of Ghost Face chase that should just be expected vs what other killers provide ,or in the case for the whole purpose of this discussion, don't provide.


Personal Thoughts

I find the crouch mindgames to be my favorite part of this game and if the devs are going the route of removing these speed addons I really hope they make base kit crouch 100% base because I can understand that maybe its unfun to people but its his one element I enjoy and they just leave him 90% with nothing that whole playstyle is dead on arrival of the next update.


TLDR: Crouch Face mindgames are really fun but I know some people don't like it but I hope the devs don't abandon/heavily weaken this playstyle option for people who do play Ghost Face like I do.

Comments

  • A dev said in another thread that crouch speed addons weren't strong enough to justify very rare addon slot. So we'll still probably see them, just at the lower rarity tiers.

    @Peanits said:

    None of the changes actively punish the no stalk playstyle. There's a huge difference between rewarding one playstyle and making another weaker.

    That said, I wouldn't look too much into the add-on side of things. You've only seen two of them, and it's not unusual for add-on effects to get shifted around to different add-ons/rarities in these add-on passes. For something like the Drop-Leg Knife Sheath especially, crouched movement speed was absolutely not strong enough to warrant the very rare quality.

  • Yeah sadly I had a similar post, they didn't keep in mind the different playstyles he has and only buffed his stalking power.

  • @Crowman said:

    A dev said in another thread that crouch speed addons weren't strong enough to justify very rare addon slot. So we'll still probably see them, just at the lower rarity tiers.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2872043#Comment_2872043

    If its just the removal of the purple and an upgrade of the Green/Yellow that would make my day as the yellow was the most useless one of the three tbh.