Interesting Matchmaking change.

Okay, so I made a post earlier but decided to play some Killer and I've noticed something on my highest MMR killer Freddy games remained the same, but when I switched to a Killer I only recently started playing, the matches feel great actually I'm not sure if this is something they've changed, but before I was getting really good teams no matter the Killer let me know if you guys have noticed it as well.


I'd like to point out these were good survivors but they weren't like sweat squad 6 First match as Plague went against a team of 3 who were together not that it matters they were good ended up 2king them in a super close game and the next match I faced 2 consoles and 2 PC's who weren't together and they got me down to one gen on Plague before winning so far this feels nice I don't know why but things feel better.


Hopefully this isn't just a one-off thing, something you guys changed feels good, and even on Survivor I'm noticing my team mates are a lot better vs before anyone else noticing a difference?


It's only been almost 40 minutes, but matches have been fast, like under 10 minutes, which is awesome and not as sweat prone as prior. I don't know what you did Behavior, if anything, but whatever it is works. Obviously I need to play more matches but right now it's feeling great, curious what they did. Also, Ping feels insanely better, it seems it's prioritizing servers close to me, which is great.

Comments

  • @Peanits said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/NQPZA4M8EFZF/sbmm-tests.png

    Since we launched our new matchmaking system last year, we’ve received a wide variety of feedback and suggestions for improvements. Some of you have asked for fairer matches, even if it means waiting longer, while others have asked for faster queue times above all else. This makes sense since region, time, role and ratings can all affect matchmaking, and some folks are looking for a casual experience while others are more competitive.

    With that in mind, we’re asking for your help to put these suggestions to the test. Over the coming weeks, we’ll be running a series of matchmaking experiments, with each experiment lasting one day. Our goal is to find a nice balance between queue times and fairness that everyone can be happy with.

    If you’re curious, here’s a brief explanation of how the matchmaking system works: When you queue up for a match, the game will look for players with a similar matchmaking rating to make the match as fair as possible. If it’s unable to find even opponent(s), it’ll gradually expand the range over a few minutes until you get a match. This way, we try to give you a good match if possible, but you’re guaranteed to get a match if you’ve been waiting a while.

     

    When is it?

    The matchmaking experiments will take place on the following dates:

    • March 28th
    • March 29th
    • March 30th
    • March 31st
    • April 4th
    • April 7th

    Each of the experiments will last 24 hours and feature one or more tweaks. The tests will begin at 11AM EDT.

     

    What’s changing each day?

    It’s a mystery! We don’t want to influence your opinion by spoiling what’s different, so we won’t be revealing what we changed ahead of time. One day may favour faster queues over match quality, while another may prioritize finding the most even opponent(s) possible.

     

    How can I help?

    Let us know how each day feels! Were you getting matches quick enough, or did it feel like you were waiting too long? Were you getting close matches, or were your opponent(s) all over the place? Each day, we’ll create a new forum section and ask for your thoughts. You can find the sections here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/matchmaking-tests

    It would also be helpful to know what your matchmaking experience is usually like around the time you play so we can compare the effects of the experiments.

    Beyond that, just do what you normally do. We’ll be watching queue times and match results behind the scenes to cross reference with your feedback.

     

    That’s it! With your help, we look forward to improving the matchmaking system. In case you missed it, we are also working on other improvements to the matchmaker. You can find a list of edge cases we’re looking into in our January Developer Update: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/302821

    Here

  • Yeah I know about this I'm saying whatever they did feels amazing.