Are DLCs affected by Steam Family Sharing, even when you both own separate copies of the game?
Me and my brother use Steam Family Sharing on our respective computers to play each other's games. We both own our own separate copies of DBD and with the most recent chapter, my brother bought the Ringu DLC. Upon launching the game for the first time since the Ringu update, I also have the characters from the Ringu DLC without owning the DLC myself. None of the other DLCs either of us had did this, so I'm wondering: Does Family Sharing affect DBD's DLCs now, or is this a bug?
I've been hesitant to play the new characters because of reports of people getting perma-banned for a similar issue, so I'd really like to know if anyone knows what's going on.
Comments
Family sharing DLCs is intended
They actually broke it at one point but fixed it, it's in one of the patch notes. I'll see if I can dig it up
Here you go
Fixed an issue that caused Steam Family Share to no longer share DLC.