Survivor BP Rewards
I think it is beyond time to look at BP rewards and how they are worked for survivors. I play a lot of both survivor and killer. Everyone knows killers makes significantly more. I disagree with it, but that is not what I'll be talking about today.
In the last few matches, I have done at minimum 3 Gens, 3 Totems, 2 Safe rescues, and eventually killed. Solid game and a pip (I could not care less on the pip). Two other survivors did no gens, a totem or two. 4 Unsafe rescues. Followed the killer, around. They did not loop him or occupy him, just get in his radius for points. End of the game, I have 8-9k bp, they have 12-14k. #########? I can see if someone loops the killer for 4 gens, that was very helpful to the team. But when 2 people are doing the work and 2 are basically farming points, how do you reward them with more points?
Objectives need to be worth more. You can roll 4 gens and not break 10k. How is that? I've hit 4 gens solo, and escaped and never seen by killer for only 12-14k bp.
I just think there needs to be better balance on the survivor side for BP rewards.
Comments
@Warlock_2020 Let's calculate that!
So doing 3 full gens gives you 12503= 3750 bp
Totems (not hexes) give you 6003= 1800 bp
And 2 Safe Rescues 1500*2= 3000 bp
So we have ourselfes 8550 bp for you.
Now 4 unsafe rescues still give bp. Less but still bp that''s 1000*4= 4000bp
I doubt they actually "only got into his terror radius". Stealthing doesn't give that many points so they had to be atleast escaping the "chase". And if they had 12-14K that means they must've maxed out Boldness. That's 8k BP.
There you go. (and yes i agree some things should give more bp than they do now just because there are 4 person competing for the same points instead of 1)
I agree with the OP in most regards. There are some goofy aspects to gaining bloodpoints as a survivor. I think survivors should have a total cap on bloodpoints they can earn in a match, but shouldn't be capped in a given category. It is ridiculous that a survivor could potentially finish all 5 generators and open a gate, never be chased by the killer and only earn around 13,000 bloodpoints. 8,000 for the generators/gate and 5,000 for escaping. Unless the killer was actively farming with the survivors then it would be difficult to abuse this anyway. But as long as survivors are contributing to the success of their team then they should be able to earn bloodpoints.