What's the point of an Oblivious Status Effect add-on on a stealth Killer?

I don't get it, Sadako has an add-on that makes Survivors Oblivious when they are near a TV, but she can already be Undetectable base-kit, so why ever use this add-on? Or even include it on a stealth Killer? Can anybody explain?

Comments

  • Yeah it’s not good. It only matters if she tries to just walk up to you without her power.

  • People expect to hear her quiet 'lullaby' and the audio cue for manifesting before they get hit, so you can get a few cheeky smacks or gen grabs with the addon equipped?

    That's what I'd assume, anyway. Not necessarily defending it, I just think that's the idea behind its inclusion.

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    Yeah it’s not good. It only matters if she tries to just walk up to you without her power.

    I believe they didn't think this through enough, because why would Sadako approach someone on a Gen while not in her power? Especially since they reduced the manifest / demanifest switch cooldown to 1.5 seconds...

  • I don’t mind the addon in particular. The problem I see is that her lullaby is still playing when the addon is in effect.

  • @jesterkind said:

    People expect to hear her quiet 'lullaby' and the audio cue for manifesting before they get hit, so you can get a few cheeky smacks or gen grabs with the addon equipped?

    That's what I'd assume, anyway. Not necessarily defending it, I just think that's the idea behind its inclusion.

    This actually sounds reasonable, still pretty odd choice.

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2841703#Comment_2841703

    I believe they didn't think this through enough, because why would Sadako approach someone on a Gen while not in her power? Especially since they reduced the manifest / demanifest switch cooldown to 1.5 seconds...

    Yeah. Like in theory the way you’d use this is seeing someone on a gen near a TV from far away, manifesting outside of 24m and then walking up without a lullaby. But if you have LOS on them from that far away, then they’ll probably notice you coming once you get close enough. You should be paying extra attention as a survivor against this killer anyways.

    If the addon suppressed her lullaby it might not be bad.