I don't think playing killer is as unfun as many people say...

Let me start this off with saying that I am not trying to negate anyone's bad or good experience with the game. Be it on the killer or the survivor side. This is just about my own experience and just because I don't relate to a lot of the killer posts I see on here, doesn't mean others can't.


Now, back to what I came to say in the first place. I started playing the game a few years ago - and while I had some breaks in between for the first two years, I've been playing quite regularly since late spring 2021. Until a few months ago, about November 2021, I never dared to even consider playing killer.

Mainly because I read a lot of posts on here, telling me that I would be subject to relentless toxic behavior on the survivor part, and it would not be any fun, because there was no way I would ever be able to play against survivors that use Dead Hard and Borrowed Time and Decisive Strike [that last two don't really faze me, because I try to make a point in not tunneling, it's just not fun for me, thought I sometimes do it during endgame, if I have to]. So I never picked up a killer.

Someday I just decided to say ######### it and just go for it and lo and behold, I realized that I had a lot more fun playing killer compared to playing survivor - not saying I didn't have fun then as well, just not as much - and I noticed that it was a lot easier for me to rise in the ranks as killer. I don't really care about Bloodpoints, so I don't really care how high I get each month [around low glod ranks], and I'm not a very competitive person, so that could be why I am perfectly okay with getting an average of 2 - 3 kills a match. I mean, I main Legion... on purpose, I just run around and have fun.


I also haven't really come across any extremely toxic survivors since I picked up playing killer, sure there's been one or two people who, for a lack of better words, sucked, but in total, so far I had a great time playing killer. And I just want to let people, who are scared of playing killer as I was, know that it's really not all that bad. You can have a great time! [Also, ever since playing killer I became a better survivor as well - even though I hardly play as one anymore, so maybe you can pick up some tricks as well]

Comments

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2829159#Comment_2829159

    Don't forgot 4k emblem with 9 hooks too, those things are #########.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2829434#Comment_2829434

    "emblems are totally meaningless" when it is showing up every matches to the point of annoyance.

    If it is actually meaningless, it will be removed, but it stays, it is showing us how we should play and how we played "good" with that term, if anything, it's a lot more important than just kills or escapes, because those two things and MMR is HIDDEN from us, unlike emblems.

    Currently, main and only objective of this game is grades and thus emblems, if "this is not intended" dev should fix it asap because game is clearly not working as intended.

    @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2829507#Comment_2829507

    I totally agree, there is no reason to show opponent’s Grades etc after a match. They just cause confusion with people thinking they are linked to winning or losing or matchmaking.

    Also if you think Pips are “winning”, then explain how you know who won the match when you can’t see how many pips your opponents all got? It’s entirely possible for you to 3k or 4k the survivors, for example, but only get 0-1 pips while the survivors got 1 or maybe even 2 pips if they escaped. And since whether or not you get a pip depends in part on your current Grade (i.e. it’s easier to gain pips when you are lower Grade than higher) you can have literally identical matches where in one match you played at the start of a season and gained one or two pips and if you play that same exact match at the end of the season you get no pips or even lose a pip.

    Pips are totally worthless as a measurement of winning or losing.

    Emblems literally determine if you see Entity Displeased, Brutal Killer, and Merciless Killer in the end game screen. 🤣. It's seriously the only indication of victory.

  • Of course it's not unfun to play killer, unless you play like your life is on the line.

  • @Kurri said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2829507#Comment_2829507

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2829521#Comment_2829521

    Emblems literally determine if you see Entity Displeased, Brutal Killer, and Merciless Killer in the end game screen. 🤣. It's seriously the only indication of victory.

    It’s literally not “the only indication of victory”. There’s an entire screen of endgame scores and kills/escapes. Not to mention those descriptors don’t tell you at all whether the opponents out performed you in relation to emblems. If you get Brutal Killer, and they get a two pip result, is that a win? A loss? A draw?

    Not to mention the whole thing of you can have two completely identical matches only if you play one after the monthly reset it’s a “win” and if you play toward the end of the monthly period when your grade is higher it’s a “draw or loss”. It’s nonsensical to say you win or lose based on when you played, or that because you took a vacation last month now you “win more often than when you played a ton and were red Grade”.

  • LOL.....MMR is a thing man...get some then talk.

    Unless you want to play the top 5 killers all day you will have plenty of trials where you feel odds stacked to heavily against you. I can still win as killer but not using anything or anyone I want and that saddens me.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2830592#Comment_2830592

    It’s literally not “the only indication of victory”. There’s an entire screen of endgame scores and kills/escapes. Not to mention those descriptors don’t tell you at all whether the opponents out performed you in relation to emblems. If you get Brutal Killer, and they get a two pip result, is that a win? A loss? A draw?

    Not to mention the whole thing of you can have two completely identical matches only if you play one after the monthly reset it’s a “win” and if you play toward the end of the monthly period when your grade is higher it’s a “draw or loss”. It’s nonsensical to say you win or lose based on when you played, or that because you took a vacation last month now you “win more often than when you played a ton and were red Grade”.

    How long have you been playing? A whole match is about how well YOU perform. As survivor you win if you escape, you lose if you die. As Killer you win if you get a Brutal or Merciless Killer.

    I shouldn't have to teach you the basics of the game. If you want to make up your own win conditions, all the power to you, but that doesn't change the base foundation of the game.

    Edit: To be fair this whole dumb argument is a good example that there isn't enough indication in game to tell Players how to play the game, and what their goals are - and I'm done arguing with you.

  • @Kurri said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2830608#Comment_2830608

    How long have you been playing? A whole match is about how well YOU perform. As survivor you win if you escape, you lose if you die. As Killer you win if you get a Brutal or Merciless Killer.

    I shouldn't have to teach you the basics of the game. If you want to make up your own win conditions, all the power to you, but that doesn't change the base foundation of the game.

    Edit: To be fair this whole dumb argument is a good example that there isn't enough indication in game to tell Players how to play the game, and what their goals are - and I'm done arguing with you.

    I’ve played the game since 2019, around when Oni came out. And I shouldn’t have to explain to you how “Brutal Killer” is just an artifact of an outdated emblem system that has nothing to do with winning or losing but is more about how active you were that game. Slugged for a 4k? Too bad, no pips. Got a 3k with a hatch but it took a while? Sorry, that’s a loss. Is it the 13th of the month? Now that 2k is a double pip, but last month when you were red grade it was a draw or a loss.

    And feel free not to “argue” with me since you mainly seem to argue by just implying I don’t know what I’m talking about rather than addressing the issues I brought up.

1 2 ›